TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 688,865 travelers just like you!

festerwretch
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jeremy
Hometown: Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Website: www.travbuddy.com/maps/1033346
Join Date: June 29, 2007
Contributions: festerwretch has written about 144 places, shared 3,456 photos, left 15,809 comments, and smiled 23,314 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Seoul, South Korea
Columbus, Ohio, USA
dream destination
I found a "random number generator" and a list of US cities by population, put the two together & Columbus came out on top - so at some point over the next year, I have to go there. Advice? Best time to go? Care to join?
Nut, Pakistan
dream destination
I bet this place is nuts!
» see all 7 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
mother tongue: English // studied scholastically, I'm at some sort of conversational level, but definitely not fluent: Polish, Spanish, German // studied scholastically: Russian, Italian, Korean // studied non-scholastically: Romanian, Lithuanian
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Living in Krakow September 2007 - February 2009!

==

Europe in summer 2006, the whole trip, but I'll mention three experiences that deal with "the night":

3) Walking around in Transylvania, alone, in the middle of the night, and noticing the bats flying around the gothic church from the 1300s that I was walking past.

2) Staying up all night in Vienna, wandering the streets, taking it all in.

1) With a friend, walking down the mountains in Zakopane ... after sunset ... pitch black for much of it!
Profile
If in your blogs you have a picture of a vehicle's license plate, a toilet or beer, I'll probably smile at it! :D
alyssa_ob says:
Hi Jeremy! Thanks for the smiles! Good to see you around again!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2017

Chicago meet-ups.
Overview 128 words 45 19 79
Random photos
Jun 14, 1976 – Dec 13, 2010
Random stuff... some embarrassing (my hair in High School!!) some with great memories ... and some just plain too random to wa…
Overview 500 words 204 58 183
Keiths L.A. Meet-up - October 2010
Oct 16, 2010 – Nov 13, 2010
Redondo Beach / Getty meet-up, October 2010
Overview 47 words 151 36 57

festerwretch's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Chicago, Illinois, USA
So, full disclosure… I have not yet spent the night at this particular Embassy Suites location…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Manhattan Beach, California, USA
I found this hotel on Hotwire (dot com). I was going to be in El Segundo for Keith’s meet-up,…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Well, I'm not the first to review Miller Park, so I won't go too deeply into the retractable roo…