TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,002 travelers just like you!

fafafooooey
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I

Name: Thor
Hometown: South Orange, New Jersey, USA
Location: Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Join Date: September 16, 2007
Contributions: fafafooooey has written about 3 places, shared 1,381 photos, left 537 comments, and smiled 1,096 times.
Travel Plans
Easter Island, Chile
dream destination
I need to go here one day, after all I was named after the man who uncovered the secret of Easter Island, Thor Heyerdahl.
Aruba
dream destination
» see all 7 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, German, Spanish
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I have some unforgettable travel experiences and a never-ending list of new places to visit and fun excursions to go on.

1) Seeing the Northern Lights on two very clear nights in Iceland, Feb 2017. It cannot be described in words. Unearthly.

2) Hiking to the top of Machu Picchu, 10,200 feet, and seeing the city appear below as the early morning fog lifted.

3) Flying mach 2 from NY to London on the Concorde jet. Being at the edge of space and seeing the curvature of the Earth at 60,000 feet and 2,000 miles per hour was a once in a lifetime experience. Getting to London in only 3 hours wasn't bad either!

4) Seeing and touching the ancient Stonehenge monuments.

5) Sailing through the Bermuda Triangle and the Panama Canal.

6) Zip lining in the tropical rain forests of Costa Rica.

7) Parasailing in the Bahamas.

8) Racing ATVs on the beach in Mazatlan, Mexico.

9) Riding dune buggies in the Mojave Desert.

10) Watching Bayern Munich play arch rival Borussia Dortmund at the Allianz Arena.

11) Cruising through Glacier Bay in Alaska, hearing the thunderous rumble of huge slabs of blue ice tear apart and crash into the sea. Seeing killer whales, sea otters, and grizzly bears in the wild.

12) Walking on Iceland's 2nd largest glacier and entering an ice cave INSIDE the glacier.

13) Visiting the Kon-Tiki Museum in Olso, Norway and standing next to Thor Heyerdahl's famous raft including the Ra II, the expedition from which my name was derived.

14) Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon in southern Iceland.

15) Seeing waterfalls flowing, geysers erupting, ancient lava fields, volcanoes, glaciers, and standing in the rift in the Earth between the North American and Eurasian continental plates in Iceland was amazing.
Profile
"The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see".
I was named after a great explorer, Thor Heyerdahl. So I feel it is my duty to follow in his footsteps by traveling to new places in search of adventure, knowledge, and culture.
WaltJake says:
Thanks for the smiles!
Posted on: Dec 05, 2017
travlnflyn_guy says:
Hi Thor. Great name. Thanks for the smiles and friend request.
Posted on: Nov 24, 2017
ilovenewjersey says:
Hi Thor. Thanks for visiting my blogs and the Smiles. Yes, I agree that NJ is so underrated...I hope we can make a difference someday..:-)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2017

A visit to the Western Rim of the Grand Canyon and Skywalk, October, 2015
Overview 0 words 29 0 29

fafafooooey's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Munich, Germany
I stayed at the Platzl Hotel for a few days in April 2014 and I would definitely return. The loc…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
This is the best all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana. Pools and Grounds: They have the larg…
This review was featured on Tuesday April 29th, 2014