TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,571 travelers just like you!

ela01

Name: ela
Hometown: London, England, UK
Location: London, England, UK
Join Date: August 4, 2016
Contributions: ela01 has shared 1 photo, and smiled 1 time.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Driving through Namibia in a 4x4. Sleeping on a monastery floor in a remote village in Burma. Snorkelling in the Blue Hole in Belize. Floating in the Dead Sea in Jordan. Climbing the sheer rock face to see a monastery in Ethiopia. Camping in the Serengeti. Taking the train from Xining to Lhasa. Sleeping in the Ice Hotel in Sweden.
Hiking up Santa Ana Volcan in El Salvador. Tracking gorillas in Rwanda.
Profile
I'm 54, live in London(UK),love to travel, eat out, trekking, keeping fit, spiritual awareness, cinema/theatre, new experiences, country pubs, socialising. I have travelled to about 80 countries and tend not to go back to the same countries, only because there is so much more to see. I prefer independent travel, rather then organised tours. I like the freedom of independent travel, grabbing a Lonely Planet and organising my own trip, using public transport, eating local food, etc.
Not concerned about age, race, gender, etc, as long as we can travel together comfortably, the point is to have fun, take in the atmosphere, share a bottle of wine at the end of the day. I like to plan and organise a trip with another person. Not looking for a relationship, just travel and friendship. Consider myself to be a very easy going person, flexible and compromising. I'm not interested in a relationship, just friendship and travel. I don't need 5 star, but like to be comfortable. 1-3 star, hostels, guest houses, apartments, are fine. I am keen to try new things and sleeping in strange and unusual places can be fun too.
I've listed all the countries I'm interested in for travel, I am basically interested in any country I haven't been to and if an offer comes up, I will consider it.
Don't do beach holidays.
I do work full time and can usually manage 2-3 weeks on any one trip. I like to travel 3 or 4 times a year, off peak.
If you are not sure if im the travel companion for you, please feel free to get in touch and ask questions, the only way to find out. No smokers please.
Toonsarah says:
Hi Ela - lovely to meet you yesterday!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
Hi, Ela. Several things:
1. I hope to meet you on the Treasure Hunt on the 16th. It will be my first one.
2.I see you have visited Albania. When did you go? And whereabouts? I went to the country both in 2016 and also in 1984.
3.I hope that you will emjoy TravBuddy.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2017
planxty says:
Hello there Ela,

I see you are interested in the London Treasure Hunt this year. It would be great to see you there.

I have to say that that is a very impressive list of countries you have got there, nice one.
Posted on: Jul 02, 2017