eetcafe het Dijkhuis

eetcafe het Dijkhuis - Beef satay

eetcafe het Dijkhuis Watergang Reviews

ik-ben-10eke ik-ben-1…
Summer atmosphere Aug 09, 2015
So we chose the Dijkhuis to have an early dinner. Early because we needed the last ferry home again, at 19.00 hours.

I called the restaurant to make a reservation, but was assured it was not necessary at the time we would like to have our dinner.

The Dijkhuis is established at Het Schouw, which is a small neighbourhood near Watergang. Its location is perfect at a small rural road following the Noordhollandsch kanaal (a waterway which cuts right through Northern-holland), and around the corner of the Broekervaart (another canal, which leads to the picturesque village of Broek in Waterland). This ensures a lot of activity on the water: lots of boats to look at, either from the restaurant itself, but even better from the terrace next to the shore.

When we parked our bicycles we found a place to sit outside next to the water. We picked up the menu from the table, to see what we would like, a waitress told us we got the wrong menu since this was just for lunch. Instead of handing us the proper one she went on cleaning tables. So I just got up my feet again to grab it myself. There was a beermenu as well, with nice pictures of several beers, which made me long for one of those, ...but no prices were mentioned, and because I am very suspicious with prices for special beers I wanted to check first. It took awhile but no-one came to get our order; it was a little busy so I did not blame them yet. Finally a senior staff member got to our table asking if we already ordered something which ofcourse we hadn't. He apologized for it and on my question he went after the prices of the beer, it turned out reasonable so I ordered an Affligem double, while husband had a soft drink. We took the opportunity to order our meals at the same time, which was actually the job of the girls, however he noted the order.

Not waiting for too long, our plates were brought to our tables with a smile. Just plain food: beef satay for husband, and spicy spare ribs for me, with the usual lettuce leafs and some french fries. It looked nice, it tasted allright; the ribs were nice and tender.

So we went home satisfied, even with the extra detour we had to make because of the broken ferry.
Dijkhuis restaurant