drinking Vino in Ica

Ica, Peru

drinking Vino in Ica Reviews

spursbackpacker spursbac…
Mar 18, 2007
Ica is the place for wine in Peru, sadly the wine isnt that fabulous, but its still a fun day out. We visited two vineyards, both making the same sort of vino and pisco. We got to try a few different types. Everything from Rosso, red, blanco and pisco┬┤s. The pisco is prob the strangest short i have tried since my uni days. It hits you right down your middle, and helps you breathe, think a crystal cough drink, very hard indeed. The wines were interesting, and so cheap, a bottle of rosso was only 5soles, but to be fair its strong and would make a great paint stripper. I did like one of the wines, a blanco, but we never got the name of it. Liz thought the day out was also good fun, we both paid 25soles from our hostel, and that included two vineyard tours, testing the vinos, and a trip to a chocolate factory, and transport (in a pimped out car) it was a fun day out, and i am glad we did it.
FR-ank says:
do you have the name of hotel who include wine tasting ? in Ica i guess ???
Posted on: May 31, 2008
MarysInindia says:
this one sounds more up my street. I have heard that peruvian wine isnt the best in the world, but then english wine isnt the greatest :P
Posted on: Mar 21, 2007