dragon hostel

Hong Kong

dragon hostel Reviews

kkrater kkrater
I'm in a box! Jul 17, 2010
Don't let the title fool you, I would absolutely recommend this place to any budget traveler. Ironically I was more comfortable in this tiny room than I was in many hotels I've stayed at in my life. Just goes to show, you don't need a lot of room to be comfortable!

Dragon Hostel is located near Mong Kok station in Kowloon. The check-in staff speak some English, but its definitely preferable if you speak Cantonese (as is the case with most of Hong Kong). The location of the hotel is incredibly convenient. It's a few blocks from both the Mong Kok and Mong Kok East subway stops. This is especially helpful because Mong Kok East connects directly to the main train station at Hung Hom and Mong Kok (regular) takes you everywhere else including Hong Kong Island.

As I mentioned earlier, the room is super-duper small! We're talking maybe 40 square feet... The bed is raised so you can slide your luggage underneath to save space. The bed is about six feet long so if you're any taller you'll have to bend your knees. The bathroom is probably between 9 and 12 square feet. Its the smallest bathroom I've ever been in. Also there is no shower stall, the shower hooks up to the sink so no matter what you do the toilet and everything else is going to get soaked when you shower.

There is free wi-fi in the lobby and depending on where your room is located you might get a signal. Literally the only complaint I have about the place is the elevator. There are two elevators in the lobby, but one is dedicated for odd-numbered floors the other for even-numbered floors. I ended up waiting about ten minutes each way to use the elevator. Its slow and always crowded.

Overall this place is great. It was a bit expensive, but then again, all of Hong Kong is expensive. Most important it was clean and very conveniently located. Highly recommended!
Chokk says:
Have I heard that one before :D
Posted on: Oct 25, 2011
HuBison says:
What! No pictures! How could you!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2011