de lichtfabriek

Gouda, Netherlands

de lichtfabriek Gouda Reviews

Suusj Suusj
The light factory Jan 31, 2016
One of my best friends lives quite far away. So when we see each other its always lots off fun. Most of the time we go out for lunch. As we did today. She came to my house so we drove for about 15 minutes to this lovely lunch place. I heard about it from friends but had never been there myself.

The light factory (de lichtfabriek) is located, like stating the obvious, in an old factory. Build in 1920 as an actual light factory, a factory who supplied the city of Gouda with the light they needed. probably the one light bulb above the dinning table.

Nowadays it is more then just a factory. You can enjoy your lunch or dinner as well as rent the downstairs area for your wedding reception. During the weekends there is live music or other cultural activities. Not only for the adults also for the little ones.

When you enter the light factory you go up the stairs to the lunch/dinner area. There are tables as well as boots. With the big windows on one side and the living green wall on the other side and the high ceilings the place feels spacious. The ceilings are filled with big industrial lamps. We took a boot next to the living green wall. And yes the plants are real, and yes everyone does touch the wall, just to check if its real ;).

We both ordered a sandwich. She had one with egg salad as I had one with hummus. Presented nicely tasting delicious. We also ordered tea. Which is organic, preset in bags with lovely news like "good karma" and "little green bag".

The light factory is not located in the middle of the city center so if you want to eat here you just need to walk for about 15 minutes from the center to the location of the light factory. I would highly suggest you do so as it is a wonderful place, nice service, great food and a lovely atmosphere.

There is a parking space close by, getting the right exit will leave you 5 steps from the front door.

Opening hours: Tuesday till Sunday from 11.00am