db Bistro Moderne

55 West 44th Street, New York, NY, USA

db Bistro Moderne New York Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Jan 09, 2008
This is Daniel Boulud's slightly less formal and less expensive bistro. If you want to think of it as the little sister to the high class Daniel restaurant, then this is the one with spunk and a fun personality. We ate in the front half, which is blazing red and alive with action. db has plenty of haute French cuisine, but doesn't take it self too seriously with playful dishes like the db Burger. My dining parnter ordered this, which is a sirloin burger with short ribs, foie gras and black truffles. It is stacked so high, you can't possibly pick it up and eat it with your hands. For starters, I had a quail and foie gras ballotine en croute. Oh, my mouth is watering just recalling how good that was. Then I had crispy duck confit, which you can never go wrong with in my book, especially in a top flight restaurant like db. I finished off the meal with almond vacherin. Of course they have an excellent wine list, and yes you will pay for it. It's still expensive for a bistro, but hey, it's in New York, and it is so worth it in my book.

Check New York Hotel Deals