TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,778 travelers just like you!

darkinvader143
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV

Name: Joseph
Hometown: Manila, Philippines
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Website: www.facebook.com/reylonjoseph
Join Date: November 8, 2008
Contributions: darkinvader143 has written about 10 places, shared 1,393 photos, left 3,189 comments, and smiled 6,380 times.
Travel Plans
Madrid, Spain
dream destination
To visit my bestfriend Neil and his family, meet his friend Steve, then hop to Barcelona to meet Albert.
Paris, France
dream destination
To visit my cousin and her family.
Italy
dream destination
As I promised to Ales, once I do plan my Euro trip, I will include his country in my list. Hope to see you again soon bro!
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Tagalog, few words in Bahasa, Thai (nidnoi). And fluent in COBOL. :)
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
* My 6-week trip (Jan 2012) in Europe (Spain, Italy, France, Netherlands, Czech Rep, Germany, Portugal)

* My 1-month trip (Feb 2012) in US.

* One week in remote areas of Cambodia.

* Dec FMP / 2011 NYE @ Koh Phangan with drunkaholics. Awesome group at Sandy Bungalow :)

* June 2010 FMP and 2010 NYE / Full Moon Party @ Koh Phangan!!! 6 days @ Koh Phangan with fellow travbuddies from this site. Had a blast!!! I love you peeps! 'til our next escapade! wooooohooo! :)

* 3 days in Koh Samui before the Mayhem in KP. cheap buckets in a dodgy place!

* Dec 24, 2009 XMAS Alcoholiday Meetup @ Bangkok with more or less 30 Travbuddies! It was hell of a fun especially after midnight hehehe! hic hic.

* 15 days in Vietnam (HCMC, Danang, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, and Halong Bay). Very interesting country. I will defo go back to visit Sapa.

* My 8-day Cambodia solo trip : 3 days in amazing Siem Reap, 3 days in chaotic Phnom Penh, and 2 days in Sihanoukville.

* Patong beach in Phuket, Thailand. Have met many wonderful people along my trips including two TBers (Mark and Carla)

* Busted on our way to Grand Canyon. Didn't realize I was already driving 93MPH. Got pulled over by police patrol and was given a ticket and paid $200 huhuhu.

* Did some water tubing @ Salt Lake River, Arizona with friends even though most of us don't know how to swim including myself hehe.

* Visited Las Vegas with close friends. Now I know why it was called "Sin City" hehe.

* Disneyland and Universal Studio trips with friends. Not really my childhood dream though... I was just dragged by my friends to join them. But I had fun!

* Misadventures in Bangkok and Ayuthaya, Thailand with berks! I enjoyed the temples and the chaos but not the traffic.

* Visited Taman Negara (National Park) during my 1st yr here in Malaysia. Nice place to visit if you like nature tripping. The rainforest is even bigger than Singapore.
Profile
Like everyone else here on this site, I enjoy travelling and meeting new people more and more these days. My fascination all started during my 6 month onshore stint in Scottsdale, Arizona. I had the opportunity to see places, to experience different cultures, and to meet many people across the globe.

I joined this site to get travel tips, to read reviews, and to know everyone’s experiences as I was to travel alone. But I received gracious welcome from friendly people and gained TB friends as the days go by. Little did I realize, I am already hooked-up on this addictive site hehe.

About myself, I am just a typical guy living in a simple life. I am 100% full-blooded, natural-born Filipino citizen. I stand 6’5 (I have to tell this so u easily spot me in the crowd hehe). But as I always say: I am not tall, you’re just too small! ;)
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2015
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are growing up really slowly. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: Oct 14, 2013
alanapril82 says:
Hi Joseph!
Long time no see...
U r still n Bangkok or back in Phil?
Im heading to Makati next week!
Posted on: Apr 26, 2013

darkinvader143's Travel Blogs

Cambodia Trip
Aug 09, 2009 – Aug 15, 2009
3 days in amazing Siem Reap + 3 days in chaotic Phnom Penh + 2 days in relaxing Sihanoukville = 8 days of fun, cultural, and ed…
Overview 1,427 words 546 107 89
KL Meetup (July 25)
Jul 26, 2009
Club TwentyOne + 7atenine resto/bar + Rum Jungle = DRUNK Dutch guys hehehe
Overview 0 words 28 36 20
Chilling @ Chiling Waterfalls
May 02, 2009
One lazy day last week, my office friends and I decided to go out of town for this weekend even just a day trip getaway. We’v…
Overview 1,067 words 99 58 39