TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 529,163 travelers just like you!

citygirl82

Name: Aileen
Hometown: Perth, Australia
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Website: then0tsolonelyplanet.blogspot…
Join Date: May 8, 2010
Contributions: citygirl82 has written about 4 places, shared 2 photos, left 37 comments, and smiled 7 times.
Travel Plans
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Sep 16, 2014 – Sep 21, 2014
I'm looking for a Travel Buddy who'd be interested in listening to some great jazz music, exploring the culinary world of gumbo and Creole food, and wandering the streets of French Quarter.
Maldives
dream destination
Perhaps a destination to consider for my birthday.....
India
dream destination
It looks so fascinating and exotic, but I think it's a place that's better visited with a local or at least with a guy.
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Mandarin (yes, Mandarin and not "Chinese" if you get my drift) - my Madarin's not great, but I'm curently taking lessons to improve :)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Running around Federation Square, Melbourne Australia at 2am. (The reason for the running, I can't quite recall now.)

Sailing down the Nile in a traditional felucca with no bathroom or toilet for three days.

Realising (a little too late) while mountain biking down Death Road in La Paz, Bolivia, that I hadn't riden a bicycle in 14 years, and that perhaps what I was doing wasn't such a good idea....

The Salt Plains at sunrise in Bolivia.

Being told tales of repression, hardship and nail biting escape stories by the local people in Cuba.
Profile
"Travelling is not about the destination, but about the people you meet along the way."

Some people travel to see the big sights, take a few photos, eat at restaurants with international flags hanging from the awning. I travel for cultural thrills and love nothing more than mingling with the locals.

I'm very much a "tell it like it is" kind of person so take everything I say with a cheeky glint in the eye.

I dislike reality TV (as I think they're just full of attention seeking wannabes or Z-listed celebrities), but if I WERE to be in a reality TV show, it'd either be "Come Dine with Me" (yeah, I actually love that show!) or Project Runway (the American version back when it was fresh).

xx
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!!! You know, that old excuse to wish for travel and the money to do it. So go for it and I hope all your wishes come true! You are older and wiser but I hope you haven't grown up yet!!! :D
geokid says:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EhabZ says:
happy birthday!

citygirl82's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hostels" in Stockholm, Sweden
This hostel obviously has a lot of money. There were plenty of mac computers to go around with f…
Cheap "Hostels" in Barcelona, Spain
The hostel was clean, and had a very homely feel to it which was nice. (There's only a max of 22…