TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,003 travelers just like you!

chrisrae
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer II

Name: Christine
Hometown: Minneapolis, USA
Location: Minnesota, USA
Join Date: March 12, 2007
Contributions: chrisrae has written about 87 places, shared 1,611 photos, left 45 comments, and smiled 1 time.
Interested in: meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
New Zealand
dream destination
Australia
dream destination
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, but I have a handy International Translator that saved my vegetarian friend from ordering cow tongue in Ekaterinburg, Russia!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Most Memorable Travel Experience
To name a few - riding horses from our Ger Camp somewhere outside Ulaan Bataar to visit a nearby Mongolian nomad family in their ger. Sharing a bottle of vodka with the mounted police in Ulan Ude while convincing them we didn't want to go horseback riding at 1 a.m. (well, I did but there was no group consensus on my side). Getting almost swallowed by the high tide in Nice while frantically holding onto my sister's sandals that were too big for my feet out of fear she'd kill me if I came ashore without them.
Profile
I quit a perfectly good job to travel around the world solo for a year, and it was the trip of a lifetime! It has inspired even more adventures, but as I must refill the coffers, I will stay put and work while planning little adventures along the way.
oneluckyclover says:
We'll be in Costa the same time! Hope to run into you :)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2014
stanjuandiego says:
Hi Christine. I been to Brazil many times. The first time I went with my girlfriend, Was the worst time. Some of the men out there live in cavemen era "Rio/San paulo". That's the only safety concern, I would say for you. Would you be travelling alone or in a group? If your in a group you will be fine.
Posted on: May 01, 2014
fransglobal says:
Hi Christine. Long time, no see. Hope all is well with you. Enjoy Morocco. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2013.
Posted on: Dec 20, 2012

chrisrae's Travel Blogs

Morocco Intrigue
Dec 06, 2012 – Jan 09, 2013
Only a few weeks away this time, but Morocco has been a dream destination for many years. I'm meeting up with a friend in Paris…
Overview 1,143 words 0 2 4
May 29, 2007 – Jul 09, 2008
I'm taking my wanderlust to a new level by shedding everything familiar and safe and hitting the road with a one way ticket and…
Overview 119,994 words 1,606 634 1,064
This blog was featured on Saturday October 6th, 2007

chrisrae's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hostels" in Budapest, Hungary
I've been meaning to review hostels as I go along, but I am way behind at this point. I have to …