cheap shopping, Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

cheap shopping, Bangkok Reviews

happysamboh happysam…
shop til u drop in Bangkok Jul 05, 2011
well there i was with this big empty luggage ,traveling to Bangkok with the suggestion of local thailand friends that advising me before to bring only empty suitcase.

first i choose to stay at pratunam district,which is the central district area of Bangkok and near by to all big shopping mall and markets.its really good choice for a single girl that coming alone especially, I took the advise of the hotel attendant to walk through the good bargain fashion mall call Platinum which only took around walk by for 15 minutes.

along the way to Platinum Mall,i m already struck with these all good bargain of cheap clothes market , you could get shoes for only less than $20 and 3 fashion to for $15!!!

By the time i got to Platinum mall,I have got 3 shopping bag in my hand,and the adventure not finish there,still a lot of cheap bargain retail clothes ,shoes,bag and accesories that cost less than $30..fiuhhhh

so what i can advice to all the travel buddy that really want to shop around bangkok and have really good bargain :

- bring empty luggage (you could fill up over there)

- stay around central district which make a good acces to everywhere

- bring big plastic bag,or you own bag to pack all the stuff that you bought

- better to walk around than to take taxi especially for all the ladies that want to shop around (its good for burning calories!)

well at the end of my shopping adventure, i fell like to drop it all straight away all the shopping bag ! haha
daniel_jetsetter says:
Great Tips!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011
happysamboh says:
haha thank you :),not get used to with writing review but nice to know you like the review :)
Posted on: Jul 08, 2011
travelman727 says:
Nice review :-) Thanks for the good tips :-D
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011
iolakana iolakana
Jul 15, 2006
Shopping, eh? The real question in Thailand is "Shopping for what?" Best buy ever: the Nancy Chandler map of Bangkok- it is loaded with amazingly accurate info.

cheapest things:-comfy, casual clothes (Khao San Rd., MBK shopping center, the shops in Siam Square behind the Lido Theatre- across the street from Siam Center)-silver jewelry (same places as clothes)-handicrafts (OTOP center near Gaysorn shopping plaza)-bags, bags, bags! (everywhere you look)-tailor made suits (best stuff at Silom or Sukhumvit shops, Khao San for lower quality)-souveniers (Khao San Rd.)

expensive things (these are out of my price range-so I don't know where to buy them):-real antiques -gold -art

Any upper class hotel will tell you where to go for the expensive stuff. But, stick to the backpackers areas around Sukhumvit- the quality will be better.

***And, last but not least***JJ Market (Chatuchak weekend market)- Friday through Sunday, at the Mochit skytrain stop. Anything that can be purchased under the sun will be in this market. Bargains aplenty for those who love to do so, cheap starting prices for those who aren't up for any hassle. Come early and be willing to devote a whole morning to this place. Wear loose clothes so you can try stuff on and bring an extra large shopping sack to carry your goodies home.
travelman727 says:
I love shopping for bargains in open markets. Besides enjoying the art of negotiation, I have found it's a great way to get to know the locals and to have a good laugh at myself.
Posted on: Jul 15, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About cheap shopping, Bangkok

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok . From there, I would head to Auckland in New Zealand for some extreme sports (extreme Ironing anyone?) flowed by the cook Islands and Fiji finally heading to Australia…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…cheap Argentina shirts at the shopping centre yesterday. We left the bar and got some food, on the way back to Gullivers a girl sat on the steps outside shouts…
An Obligation
Traveling to Bangkok twice a year's like a ritual for me. Most Singaporeans visit Bangkok for nightless shopping, and dirt-cheap good food. As much as I try to promise myself never to succumb to the … for nightless shopping, and dirt-cheap good food. As much as I try to promise myself never to succumb to the temptation of a weekend of shopping in Bangkok

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals