charles de gaulle international airport terminal 2E

Paris, France

charles de gaulle international airport terminal 2E Paris Reviews

lauro lauro
charles de gaulle international airport terminal 2E Dec 17, 2008
terminal e is a newly built satellite airport of charles de gaulle international airport. the terminal is host to air france flying over the major cities of the world for example: beijing (as my case), bangkok, cairo, buenos aires, miami, mexico city, tel aviv, moscow, seoul etc.

before checking in the respective boarding gates, there ARE TWO CONTROLS. the first one is the visa/customs/passport control, the other one is the long AND bloody security check in. there are lots of mean looking, unfriendly and bulky security control people.

the visa/customs/passport control was a flash (or maybe it was just my day) i made a mistake saying that my destination is beijing, china instead of manila, the philippines. the french police asked for a visa before entering china, but i told them (with the sweetest smile) that i have a resident permit in germany that i dont need a visa entering china. which was a big mistake because before entering china one must have a visa prior to arrival (no excemption of nationalities) AND if the airport/airline made THAT mistake, they have to pay my airfare back and pay the country, but in MY case, they just flipped through my passport withouth any questions and let me through.

the second line after the passport/customes/visa control was the security check in - a bloody long line that moves like a snail. BE SURE TO CHECK IN MINIMUM 3 HOURS before your flight as it took me 1.5 hours to get past security. be sure you dont have ANY METALS, like bracelets, earrings, rings, necklaces etc. or remove it before you enter security, because it would make things MORE easier AND faster. they also require you to remove your shoes. but again in my case, they didnt required me to remove my shoes, just gave them a sweet smile, they didnt even opened my messenger bag. which was again a big mistake, if i could have been a terrorist.

after security check, there are lots of duty free shops in your face which are really expensive compared to other duty free shops i had been to. there is also a fast food court in the 2nd level which is small, but have wide selections of foods and beverages from soups, lebanese, italian, chinese, sandwiches etc. but VERY expensive.

toiletes are hard to find here. in my memory i think i only saw 3 toiletes but are very far from each other. there are more duty free shops than toilets.

the boarding gates area are very modern, they have internet cafes and playstations in every 100 meters, for the smokers like me, i only saw 1 smoking area.

the ventilation and heating are VERY BAD, it was winter and i was already wearing my winter jacket, pullover, jeans and leg warmers but i still felt cold in my feet and my hands.

all in all, i do agree that charles de gaulle international aiport terminal 2e is a world class SHOPPING MALL
terminal 2e plan with the arrival …
terminal 2e boardig gates.
lauro says:
they have to pay me a million euros to go back here again! lol
Posted on: Feb 15, 2010
seraphimkarlien says:
Ugh, I hate CDG. Last time I was flying from there, there was a bomb threat or something like that, but for some reason they couldn't announce it over the speakers, only shout it at the closest people, who would move back whilst others were trying to move forward, creating complete chaos.
Posted on: Feb 15, 2010
77fidelio says:

Hello. Thanks a lot for your review! :)
I'm going to travel to the USA via CDG Terminal 2E. Could you help me with the smoking question? ;) Where exactley is the smoking area in the Terminal 2E?

Posted on: Jun 03, 2009