central split apartment with sea view

Radunica 1, Split, Croatia

Check Split Hotel Deals

central split apartment with sea view Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Fantastic location across the old town Aug 29, 2014
Fantastic location just across the street from the market which lead to the old town Diocletian’s Palace with plenty of shops, restaurants, pub, harbour and the most sights in Split.

Beautiful furnish apartment located at the second floor, however no elevator at this building but it is easy climb the stairway.

The apartment was advertised as two bedroom apartment through booking.com, however when I arrive here, one of the room was locked – which I found quote strange and not use with the system. I though I will get the whole apartment and the whole rooms even though I do not really need the extra room – but it would be nice to have a picture of the room.

Indeed, I have the whole apartment – from the living room, kitchen and one bedroom to use, except the second room.

The apartment was spacious and looks clean, but closer inspection it appears very dusty since probably no cleaner here and nobody live in the apartment. So I have to clean the whole furniture, bathroom and toilet before settle down. I do not clean the kitchen since I do not want to cook here, but I did wash a couple of glasses to use.

The room has one double bed with big wardrobe, desk and television (but television is not working). There is small balcony from the room with a sea view which look nice and very relaxing to stay at night time when the sun is not too hot.

The living room has a couple of two seater sofa and it is quite comfortable. In addition, there is an air condition at the top corner which cooling the living room – but not reach the bedroom unfortunately. The small flat screen television in the living room is working fine with plenty of English channels, however it keeps turn off itself if you did not change the channel within half an hour which I found quite annoying especially when watch a movie.

The kitchen has a dining table with 4 chairs on it and plenty of plates, glasses and cutlery to use. There is big freeze in the kitchen which appear work well.

The bathroom is small and strange – it has a very small bathtub (half the normal bathtub size) and there is shower curtain on it. The towel is plentiful but very small – it is more like hand towel than body towel. No soap for shower, but there is soap for wash hand. The toilet is separate with the bathroom, but the water flushing is not really working. Once it flush, it takes a while for the water to fill in again. It also has separate small hand basin in the toilet which is nice.

There is small washing machine in the bathroom which can be use freely by the guest and just hang the cloth outside at the balcony outside the bedroom.

Internet is fast and fantastic. Minus point is no reception at this place, it is not convenient if you do not know what time you will arrive especially if you come from another city, however the guy who managed the place is very good and efficient, he email me once I booked through the booking.com and arrange the time for my arrival so he will meet me at the front of the apartment. He also gives city map freely and show the sights around and how to explore Split. It cost €57 per night without breakfast. I would recommend this place.
living room
bedroom
bedroom
toilet
tj1777 tj1777
Apartment with a view to the sea - or ferry Aug 30, 2014
We had rented an apartment for the stay in split which seemed to be better value compared to a hotel room. Though there is always a risk of how to actually get into the private apartment - can you get in touch with the people renting the place or not? It turned out to be no problem to get in to this place and the man handling the rental actually spoke good English so communication wasn’t a challenge either.

The apartment had a great location an easy walk away from the bus station and the harbor which makes it pretty ideal if you arrive on by air and take a bus to the bus station and then leave by bus or by ferry to your next destination. For us this was excellent. Furthermore the apartment is right across one of the entrances to the old town of Split so location couldn’t be much better. There isn’t any breakfast included in the room rate but there was some coffee left in the apartment when we got there either left from the last guest or as a complimentary gift from the people renting the apartment. If you want breakfast it is easy to just go down to one of the shops below and get some burek or other local bakery goods which serves as an ideal breakfast for a Balkan trip.

The apartment is actually two bedrooms but one of the rooms was closed off and I guess you would have to pay extra to get the second bedroom opened. In addition to a decent bedroom there was a living room with a television and they had made sure there were several tourist maps spread around the room for the guest to use which I thought was a very good detail from the people renting the apartment since it makes it a lot easier for the guest to get a map compared to having to look for one somewhere in the city.

There is a kitchen which is actually fully equipped if you want to do your own cooking. I suppose in case you stay for an extended period of time you might take more advantage of the kitchen than we did - our effort in the kitchen sort of were limited to boiling water for the breakfast coffee in the morning.

The apartment got a separate toilet and shower and a washing machine which you can take advantage of if you are not at the very first day of the holiday like me and hence you don’t have anything which is in desperate need of washing yet.

The apartment supposedly has a view - it is called apartment with sea view. But the sea view is rather limited since the only place you can actually catch a glimpse of the sea is from the balcony and even from the balcony the sea view turned out to be disrupted by a ferry every time I went out to try to have a look at it. So I guess the correct description of the apartment should be apartment with ferry view and not sea view.
The living room