TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,005 travelers just like you!

carolinz
Award: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Carolin
Hometown: Singapore
Location: Funabashi, Japan
Join Date: April 18, 2010
Contributions: carolinz has written about 7 places, shared 92 photos, left 196 comments, and smiled 623 times.
Travel Plans
Chiba, Japan
Oct 20, 2017 – Mar 31, 2018
I am currently living here in Funabashi, Chiba. Been living in Japan since 2015, if you need a guide, let me know! And oh! I host couchsurfing too!
Seoul, South Korea
Nov 19, 2017 – Nov 23, 2017
First time to Seoul! It's finally happening! I don't speak Korean, and know nothing much about Seoul! Would love to meet locals or fellow travelers!
Los Angeles, California, USA
Mar 1, 2018 – Mar 15, 2018
Haven't booked my ticket yet, but I'm planning to head there to visit a good friend!
» see all 41 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Singlish, Mandarin, Conversational Hokkien, basic Conversational Japanese
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
[Sydney, Australia 1999]
I was only 15 years old, deeply in love with Keanu Reeves and I bought lots of Matrix stuffs from there! AWESOME!!! Went there with my dad, but I walked and traveled to the city all by myself!

[Bangkok, Thailand 2006]
A shopping trip to Bangkok was really refreshing, me and my closest girlfriends couldn't stop smiling!

[Taipei, Taiwan 2008]
My first trip to Taipei with my best friend since high school! We spent our Christmas there, and heaven, we had a blast time over there!!! ^^

[Tokyo, Japan 2010]
My dream comes true when I decided to purchase that ticket and sat on that plane by myself and fly to Tokyo! I have not once regret travel to Japan by myself and meet up with strangers who became friends in this trip! I love that place so much that I swear to return to Japan again!

[United States December, 2010]
The very first time in the famous country, USA! I was ABSOLUTELY thrilled to be there! My very first time celebrating Christmas and New Year in USA and my very first time experience REAL SNOW in the US! It's awesome or what? And I was soooooooo amazed by that place, the culture and food!
Profile
an animal lover, a vegetarian, friendly, happy and positive person, a gamer. Love meeting people from local and other countries, because you'll learn a lot of stuff from people. :) I'm happily attached.
Cathal_from_Ireland says:
Hi, do you travel alot?

Cathal
Posted on: Aug 25, 2016
Pedro_Delos_Santos says:
Hey Carolyn I just watched the Matrix Revolutions two days ago! Keanu Reeves is awesome. I also really have a deep love for Japanese.
Posted on: Aug 09, 2016
Galhies says:
Hi Carolyn… I love traveling and meeting new fun people.. I'm originally from Maldives and have been to Thailand, singapore, Sri Lanka & India.. Currently live in US… I'm gonna b in Tokyo area for a week in September…first time … I'd luv to meet up and have some good food & fun with someone local… lemme know if u can 😊
Posted on: Jul 12, 2016

carolinz's Travel Blogs

Short Visit to KL, Malaysia
Apr 06, 2012 – Apr 07, 2012
A super short vacation away from a busy island
Overview 519 words 20 0 1
Dec 24, 2008 – Sep 02, 2010
Penning down my thoughts and travel tips that I've learnt during my travel!
Overview 3,421 words 69 34 142
This blog was featured on Wednesday May 2nd, 2012

carolinz's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hostels" in Port Macquarie, Australia
I might sound bias, but this place is amazing. My first experience staying in a backpacker place…
Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Taipei, Taiwan
Whenever you go somewhere else, definitely you hope that locals would give you some tips. But be…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Taipei, Taiwan
I'd been to Taipei 101 twice and I didn't find it fun the second time. It's not much to do excep…