TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 691,269 travelers just like you!

callufrax
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster I

Name: Stephen
Website: www.rtw.bike
Join Date: April 11, 2007
Contributions: callufrax has written about 46 places, shared 784 photos, left 4,564 comments, and smiled 8,356 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Visiting the volcano on Tanna Island, Vanuatu.
Profile
I'm always up for meeting new people. So, if you'd like to add me, then please feel free! I also collect postcards from around the world!

I'm in the planning stages of a multi-year, RTW, bicycle trip, looking at a departure date of the 1st of January, 2021. Here is the rough outline:

Anyone's welcome to come along and join me along part of the way! While doing this journey, I'm planning to raise money for some of my favourite charities along the way.

I also have a long-standing interest in railways, which began at the beginning of high school. Where possible, I always prefer to travel by train. Flying, to me, is just a way of seeing airports.

"Air travel is just a way of seeing airports. Real travel is something you buy at the bookstand, and read about in seat 39K." Michael Palin
vila says:
Exactly! :D
Posted on: Sep 04, 2017
vila says:
Oh, Antarctica! :D
I figure, maybe it's good, that it is out of reach for the majority of people. After all, wherever we thread, we tend to destroy.
I just wish I wasn't among that majority :D
Posted on: Aug 20, 2017

callufrax's Travel Blogs

The Purple and Pink Ride, 2016 Edition: Sydney to Melbourne
Aug 29, 2015
A bicycle ride, to raise money for Epilepsy Australia and the McGrath Foundation. I have my own blog, but I've decided to mi…
Overview 280 words 0 0 0
Postcards Ive received!
May 15, 2010 – Jan 04, 2012
I love sending and receiving postcards. This blog is to document the postcards I've received, whether from friends I know in pe…
Overview 1,128 words 105 6 32
The Great Ocean Road
Dec 16, 2009
A spur of the moment road trip along the Great Ocean Road, Victoria.
Overview 269 words 110 41 279