TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 688,855 travelers just like you!

brettjayhawk
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Brett
Hometown: Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Location: Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Join Date: November 21, 2010
Contributions: brettjayhawk has written about 48 places, shared 2,637 photos, left 411 comments, and smiled 502 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Vang Vieng, Laos
dream destination
Heard it is fun and a must go
Mallorca, Spain
dream destination
I'd like to go here but its between here and Ibiza when I visit Spain this summer!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (poor)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
The best time in my life was traveling with one of my friends through Europe. We traveled for 19 days during Dec 2009 to Jan 2010. We were in Amsterdam for New Years and it was the best New Years so far!
Profile
Well I graduated from the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk!) in December of 2009 and now working full time so I can save money to travel! I traveled to Europe in Dec of 09 and into January of 2010. It really opened up my eyes after seeing the world and meeting so many amazing people. I knew I wanted to go back and do all the things I missed and go see more of the places I've already been.
I ended up going back to Europe for 2.5 months summer of 2011 and went to most of the major cities. Now I want to go back and visit some of the smaller cities througout Europe.

"To move, to breath, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live." hans christian andersen

The world is a book, and those who don't travel only read one page
Paulovic says:
Happy birthday Brett! :)
Posted on: Jan 31, 2016
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2016
lauro says:
hi brett! thanks for congrats ^^
Posted on: Jan 24, 2015

brettjayhawk's Travel Blogs

Everest Base Camp Bound
Nov 23, 2012 – Nov 24, 2012
My trip to Everest Base Camp and all the fun I had along the way!
Overview 401 words 30 2 19
Apr 02, 2012 – Apr 20, 2012
My visit to Thailand and Cambodia!
Overview 2,549 words 608 21 131
This blog was featured on Saturday October 20th, 2012
Jun 05, 2011 – Aug 10, 2011
I went to Europe my first time for new years 2010 with a friend and met so many people travelling alone. So I decided that I w…
Overview 3,647 words 1,700 51 219
This blog was featured on Saturday October 22nd, 2011

brettjayhawk's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Kathmandu, Nepal
Stayed in Khangsar Guest House my first night in Kathmandu. It was a place to sleep and paid aro…
Expensive "Hostels" in San Francisco, California, USA
I stayed in USA Hostels San Francisco for one night when I was in town for work. This hostel wa…
Average priced "Hostels" in Rome, Italy
I Really enjoyed my stay! I was only supposed to stay one night but ended up staying two nights.…