TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,733 travelers just like you!

boxinbcn
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug I

Name: Stephen
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Location: Doha, Qatar
Join Date: July 2, 2007
Contributions: boxinbcn has written about 184 places, shared 4,099 photos, left 1,275 comments, and smiled 1,562 times.
Travel Plans
Nepal
Australia
Tokyo, Japan
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish, Catalan, some Portuguese, Polish and French.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Yellowstone Park with my family years and years ago is unforgettable. We were sleeping in a tent when a ranger came by and announced that there were a lot of bears in the area. I guess my dad watched over us all during the night, but we stayed. Another one is Pompeii. Walking down those ancient streets and getting a glimpse of what life was like there was incredible. Finally, visiting the American Cemetery in Normandie overlooking Omaha Beach blew me away.
Profile
I just realized that it has been over ten years now since I signed up for travbuddy in July 2007! Happy anniversary to me!
I grew up in California, have spent most of my life in Spain lived in Warsaw, Poland, then Muscat, Oman for another 5 years. I'm currently in Qatar. I've always been interested in traveling and getting to know our beautiful planet, meeting people and learning about different cultures.
planxty says:
Many congratulations on your featured blog, my friend.
jendara says:
Congrats on your featured blog:)
Well done my friend!!
EmEm says:
Congrats on your featured blog!

boxinbcn's Travel Blogs

My life in Doha
Nov 26, 2017 – Jan 05, 2018
Doha, Qatar -› -› …
Another assignment after 5 years in Poland and another five in Muscat, Oman. I started working in Doha in February 2017
Overview 428 words 27 4 32
Alt Empordà Christmas 2017
Dec 22, 2017 – Dec 23, 2017
Home from Doha for Christmas with my family.
Overview 237 words 45 0 0
ATHENS 2017
May 10, 2017 – May 11, 2017
Quick trip to Athens for work where I managed to do a little sightseeing!
Overview 0 words 86 0 10

boxinbcn's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Doha, Qatar
I stayed here for my first month in Doha. There are a few positive points: 1, the location whic…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Athens, Greece
I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2017. It was pretty busy, the check in was a littl…
Ridiculously Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Galle, Sri Lanka
We decided to spend the end of 2014 in Sri Lanka with my family. I was looking for a place at a…
This review was featured on Friday January 16th, 2015