TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 693,927 travelers just like you!

bigmac993
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: James
Hometown: Houston, Texas, USA
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Join Date: October 16, 2009
Contributions: bigmac993 has written about 61 places, shared 1,578 photos, left 4,912 comments, and smiled 8,101 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Nairobi, Kenya
dream destination
Visit Sheldricks Wildlife Trust's baby elephant rescue nursery. Want to take my daughter to visit the orphan baby elephant, Shukuru, I fostered in my daughter's name as part of her Christmas present. Wonderful program, google it.
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
dream destination
Hope to hike to the top on the 8 day trip!
» see all 12 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, speak and understand a few words of Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Kiswahili, French, German.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Photographic Safari in National Park of Kenya in 2008; Travel on the Orient Express Train in Russia 1998; Sailing completely around Africa on a merchant ship in 2008; Hitching a ride in an armored truck and taking pix of poppy fields in the mountains of Afghanistan(blog soon).
Profile
I have done many things in my life and I still love to do new things with new people in new places. TravBuddy is perfect for me! I am currently (September 2014) in Northern Colorado working in the oil fields. I have finished traveling in the middle east for now. I have been traveling / working in the Middle East / Middle Asia since August 2010 and will write some more blogs soon. I have some cool photos of camels and donkeys in the desert and farm land of southwest Afghanistan along with some snow capped mountains, very beautiful.
HBD!
Posted on: May 14, 2017
spocklogic says:
Thanks, James, for the smile on my "Places in Passing" blog! Long time, no see, how you be?
Posted on: Dec 28, 2016
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
Posted on: Dec 18, 2016

bigmac993's Travel Blogs

Christmas in Afghanistan 2012
Dec 25, 2012
I am spending my first Christmas in Afghanistan in a civilian hotel. I was pleasently surprised to see all the Christmas decora…
Overview 584 words 33 8 117
Pictures I Would Post to My Profile if Possible
Jan 26, 1981 – Nov 21, 2012
A Collection of photos I would like to post to my profile if more than 5 were allowed.
Overview 67 words 18 9 28
Stuttgart Tower, Germany
May 30, 2010
We visited the tower overlooking the City of Stuttgart, Germany. This is the first tower in the world to be made of concrete an…
Overview 245 words 13 1 14

bigmac993's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Afghanistan
I spent several months near the center of Helmand Province, Afghanistan and had some interesting…
This review was featured on Saturday March 23rd, 2013
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Fellbach, Germany
Cafe Zanzibar inside Rems Park Mall is a great little place for a snack, meal, or drink with fri…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
The USS Lexington CV-16 is located in Corpus Christi, Texas. This ship is the fifth US Navy ship…