TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 660,090 travelers just like you!

bensonryan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ryan
Hometown: Dawsonville, Georgia, USA
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi, USA
Join Date: April 2, 2009
Contributions: bensonryan has written about 127 places, shared 9,395 photos, left 589 comments, and smiled 13,015 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Brazil
Feb 24, 2017 – Mar 14, 2017
Part of my gap year next year.
Yokohama, Japan
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish, Japanese
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Transiting the Panama canal 4 times when I was in the Navy. I remember all the times it was muggy and extremely hot as I was the one driving the frigate in the middle of the night. I felt mosquitoes biting my exposed neck and hands. It was memorable watching the locks fill up with the water and watch the water level rise looking at the process from the inside. I had to stay up all night in transit (duty is duty). I wish I was able to take pics.

Volunteering for the Elephant Show in Thailand. I was the subject under elephant stunts. Looking at the elephants walk over my body was a rather interesting, as they were under the call of their trainers. I was also tied to a target in a blindfold as elephants shot balloons between my legs and under my arms with darts. Thank goodness they were trained well.

Traveling through the Mongolian Steppe with a personal tour guide into the vast emptiness. Got to try fermented horse milk and hang out in a yurt. Visited the largest horse statue in the world and got to pick up some majestic birds of prey.

Predjama Castle in Slovenia had pretty interesting architecture and history. Stuff movies could be made out of.
Profile
I am a big kid who still wants to be a rock star!

Right brained. Disorganized Genius. Recovering workaholic.
hightide says:
Thanks for the smile on my Malaysia restaurant review :)
Posted on: Jan 13, 2017
aloneinthecrowd says:
Thanks for all the smiles on my Croatia blog, Ryan :) Much appreciated. I haven't worked on it for a long time but I really should.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2017
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Ryan, for the smiles on my review of Istanbul Archaeology Museums!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2017

bensonryan's Travel Blogs

2017
Jan 13, 2017
Heading south and then east
Overview 0 words 13 0 13
Jan 28, 2016 – Dec 11, 2016
Tour de Persian Gulf and heading back west!
Overview 3,170 words 1,727 233 1,937
This blog was featured on Saturday October 22nd, 2016
Dec 31, 2014 – Dec 25, 2015
Bouncing around across two oceans and 4 continents. This has been a tough transition from leaving my confines of Japan where I …
Overview 2,963 words 1,661 161 1,098
This blog was featured on Saturday January 16th, 2016

bensonryan's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Dawsonville, Georgia, USA
Out of cell phone range in North Georgia lies the Amicalola Falls State Park. Amicalola Falls St…
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
Paradise Biryani Pointe is tucked inside a busy shopping center located off Windward Parkway, in…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Norfolk, Virginia, USA
The Banque is a country western saloon, bar and restaurant located off Little Creek road in Norf…
Updated 3 days ago