TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,326 travelers just like you!

bcbusdriver
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III

Name: Kent
Hometown: Vancouver, Canada
Location: Fort McMurray, Canada
Join Date: February 7, 2008
Contributions: bcbusdriver has written about 71 places, shared 818 photos, left 690 comments, and smiled 389 times.
Travel Plans
Seoul, South Korea
dream destination
My wife and her sister's family are trying to convince me to join them here in the next couple of years.
Venezuela
dream destination
Go visit some friends and let them be my tour guide for a change.
san palo, Brazil
dream destination
Keep meeting cool people from here. Need to go one day.
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English. Tiny bit of Japanese and now even a smaller bit of Bahasa.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I love exploring residential parts of large cities. Every trip to Bangkok I discover a new cool "Thai village" among all the busy streets and sky scrappers. Driving in Penang Malaysia. Almost scared the crap out of my ex girlfriend (too bad I didn't) and did lose some paint of my rental on a pole in downtown Georgetown.

Wandering around Nagasaki Japan and seeing such a beautiful city with so much sad history. That or swimming in the clearest warmest water I have ever seen in Koh Samed Thailand. Boating around Phi Phi Islands and trying to snorkel without sucking up the whole Indian Ocean. Trying to use the showers at Narita Airport in Tokyo. Had to get help from the clerks but only after I had hit the emergency button by mistake. The incredible fire dancers Uluwatu Temple in Bali.
Profile
Been away for a while. I was busy getting married and doing do some travels in Indonesia. Life is settling down so it time to update my blogs and photos. Most of my travelling for the next bit will be in Canada (wife can't travel out of the country for a couple of years).

Really for someone who travels as much as I do my blogs and review sections are so small. Need to start to change that. Going to start writing more reviews for Vancouver very soon.

Would really like the chance to live in Asia for a while. However my grasp of our strange grammar rules and the education requirement of the countries that interest me teaching over there is unlikely. So now I am looking at whether it possible to do some kind of business over there.

You got a Vancouver or Whistler question ask away. I spent 20 years in the region, ten of them driving a tour bus. Now stuck way up in northeastern Alberta living the life of big pay cheques and long winters. Saving for and dreaming vacations n much better locations.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
- Mark Twain
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: May 25, 2016
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are growing up really slowly. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: May 25, 2013
yuness says:
Thanks for the smiles Ken :) Have a good day !
Posted on: Apr 28, 2013

bcbusdriver's Travel Blogs

Goldpanning in the middle of no place
May 11, 2010 – May 12, 2010
Took some high school students to an old gold mining ghost town in northern BC. I was last here in 1980's when I was very youn…
Overview 713 words 59 0 2
Taking people drinking
May 02, 2010 – May 03, 2010
I took a bunch of Euopean ESL students to Canada's wine the country, the Okonogan Valley. Yes we can grow grapes in Canada and…
Overview 225 words 29 0 5
One day in Bangkok
Apr 27, 2010
I go to Bangkok a few times a year. On this trip it was mstly business so I left the camera in it's case and just did my thing…
Overview 36 words 27 1 8

bcbusdriver's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Banff, Canada
This might be my favourite location in Banff. It is far enough for the town centre so that it i…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Calgary, Canada
Up to staying here we had not stayed in a B&B before so we was a bit nervous. I don't normally l…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Vernon, Canada
Another place I went for work. This one was one of the better as it was being paid by the Inter…