art'otel Cologne

art'otel Cologne Rates and Deals

art'otel Cologne Reviews

vwranger vwranger
weirdest stay? Aug 26, 2010
okay, it's almost month I'm back from vacation I mostly spent in Cologne, art'otel, and it's time to collect stones.

I am "frequent flyer" (silver status) with Radisson's hotels one of which art'otel Cologne appears to be, and I just

was not ready to see that among good hotels there might be something as bad as this one.

they've started with trying to authorize 4150 (four thousands one hundred fifty) euros from my card (got an sms

notification about that immediately), which was quite (no - QUITE!) unexpectable, making me to worry about menthal

health of those who tried this because they just do not have rooms of such rate! luckily, I did not have that

lot of money on that card and auth request failed. they said "we do not know why that happened, we usually

" which went to nothing but the following: they started to charge me nightly rate every night! they

again said they are not really sure what their system tries to do (or actually does!) but probably it tries to charge

money for every night since it could not auth amount for the whole stay (remember - they tried to charge 4150eur

initially!). they promised to remove my card's data from system to prevent further charges (they called that

"authorizations"), and they also promised to do that after second charge of such kind. third night seen "supercharge"

for next three nights, after which they promised that upon check-out they will just confirm necessary amount out

of totally "authorized" (read: blocked, unavailable to me and thus subject pay credit fee as I've used that money and

have to pay interest), immediately (they said "at most in next 2-3 days!!!") releasing the rest.

at the time of writing (after THREE weeks!) I still had two first amounts blocked (for first two nights). bumm.

here's some aftermath:

I don't even want to talk about how good or bad is hotel inside the rooms or something (make that dude who

installed that weird square sinks into bathroom shave or just wash the face without spilling water around!) because

it is something that is really special to each other, but - just want to say that from my opinion:

1) hotel's personnel does not look too experienced

2) they are COMPLETELY not aware what actually happens inside their system

3) they are COMPLETELY not aware how Visa/MasterCard/etc work and why I will NOT have my money back in promised "2-3 days".

I hope to have those two small yet mine amounts unblocked during next week.

I travel quite much, and I must admit it's been a weirdest stay I've ever had. I personally think that it is better

NOT to stop in this hotel - you should better use NH which is just across the street.

ps. and they never said "we're sorry" or something, of course not coming back with any kind of apologizing via phone

or email. believe me or not.

art'otel Cologne Overview

This hotel is in the Neustadt Süd district of Cologne, and within a 10 minute walk to Imhoff Chocolate Museum. It provides good-value accommodation with free Wi-Fi access.

The art'otel Cologne offers many services including a 24 hour reception, a sauna, conference room(s) and a restaurant serving Asian dishes. For an easy and effortless check-in and departure experience, take advantage of the art'otel Cologne's express check-in/check-out facility which minimises the usual hassles letting you get on with your holiday. Friendly staff at the front desk are on hand to look after the needs of guests on arrival. In addition to a concierge and a business centre, the hotel also offers meeting rooms, tennis courts and a laundry service.

art'otel Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower