TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,818 travelers just like you!

ariwardani
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Ari
Hometown: Jakarta, Indonesia
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?…
Join Date: April 6, 2009
Contributions: ariwardani has written about 129 places, shared 3,891 photos, left 2,217 comments, and smiled 2,153 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
dream destination
Just want to experiencing laying down and see a spectacular real width of an airplane crossing above your face in -not that far- distance. Complete with the blasting sounds :P
Greece
dream destination
I just want to come to an area where the houses are white with blue windows, overlooking the sea... that must be interesting!
Raja Ampat, Indonesia
Undoubtedly must go!
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Bahasa, English, German
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Venice, Italy.
We haven't booked a hotel yet so we just checked-in at a random hotel. Getting lots of mosquito bites because it's a non-conditioned one, it's hot that night and I opened the window. I thought mosquitoes are only in tropical weather. What a wrong idea!

Ambon, Moluccas, Indonesia.
Talked with my friend in his room for hours until really late. At 5 am, suddenly I woke-up, realized that I hadn't packed for my early flight and even I hadn't reserve a taxi to get me to the airport.

It took 1 hour to get to the airport and at 5 am, this island looked like a ghost city. It's still dark, very quiet, nobody was out there, nothing on the street that looked available to get you to the airport! Then, suddenly I saw an old man driving a van, passing by. I stopped him, asking for his help to take me to the airport and promised to pay him for that and he agreed. Oh, that's very unusual story but with the help of this stranger, I could manage not to miss my flight. Really saved by the bell!

Cologne, Germany.
Problem with going to the airport again. Since I and my friend took budget flight named Ryan Air, the flight schedule was really bizarre, at 2 am. When we wanted to hail the taxi, none of moving vehicles outside my apartment. So, we just walked and walked....I was so worried that we would miss the plane. If that happened, then the trip was totally a mess!! God answered our pray as there was one taxi coming by and we were saved. Again. Moral of the story: I think it's much better (for me) if everything is booked when it comes to travelling. Worries is not a good habit at my age. :)
Profile
I like to travel a lot. I wish I have enough time and money to travel around the world!
khalilamod says:
Belated happy birthday. Hope you had a good one.
Posted on: Jan 24, 2017
Posted on: Jan 10, 2017

ariwardani's Travel Blogs

Europe June 2015
Jun 11, 2015 – Jun 12, 2015
This is our first trip to Europe as a family. Hopefully, it will begin a series of visiting Europe again in the near future.
Overview 38 words 2 2 9
Japan December 2014
Dec 17, 2014 – Dec 20, 2014
This blog is dedicated to the passengers and cabin crews of the crashed Air Asia QZ8501 Surabaya-Singapore, December 28, 2014. …
Overview 254 words 50 9 69
Jakarta Anniversary Parade 2014
Jun 22, 2014
We want to join the crowd in celebrating Jakarta's anniversary.
Overview 31 words 33 0 32

ariwardani's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Manado, Indonesia
Aryaduta Manado is located adjacent to the seashore. In front of the hotel, there are two malls.…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Tomohon, Indonesia
I chose Gardenia Country Inn after reading some positive feedback in Trip advisor. I booked it t…
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Manado, Indonesia
This restaurant offers seafood. The location is okay, a bit out of town but not that far. Only a…