TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 706,385 travelers just like you!

alyssa_ob
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: alyssa
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Contributions: alyssa_ob has written about 560 places, shared 9,011 photos, left 5,121 comments, and smiled 6,871 times.
Travel Plans
Prague, Czech Republic
dream destination
Plans to go there in September 2013 fell through. Hopefully I'll get back there someday.
Thailand
dream destination
Looks like this trip gets bumped sometime in the future. Maybe in a couple of years.
Sandusky, Ohio, USA
dream destination
Cedar Point Amusement Park - rollercoaster capital of the world!
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, German (enough to get by), tiny bit of Russian
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
The Travbuddy Antarctica cruise was amazing! I loved everything (except maybe the rough seas on the Drake Passage) and made some good friends along the way.

My first trip to Germany I went solo and found myself in a restaurant asking for the "Reisekarte". The waiter gave me a funny look and returned with a menu. As I was reading the menu I realized I wanted the "Speisekarte" - I had asked for a travel planner! (I guess it isn't very "memorable", but it was funny!)

I loved spending a day at Mons Klint (Denmark) picking up fossils on the beach with the temperature around freezing. Hiking the Cinque Terra was gorgeous. I also loved the day I decided to skip my flight home and spend the day playing in a canyon in New Mexico.
Profile
My dear friends, I'm so sorry that we will lose this connection on Travbuddy when it closes :( I enjoyed friendships with many of you here and in real life. I will miss this community, everyone in it, and the wealth of information.

Unfortunately, I'm not on Facebook. If it changes in the future, I will look you up. For now, I am only on Instagram: 4nhand

I'm looking into Travlerspoint and TravelBlog, so I'll post that info if I join either site.

I don't get to travel as much as I used to, but I am always looking ahead to my next trip.

I am also a member of Twin Cities Bronze, a professional handbell ensemble. It is something I have dreamed about for several years. I am so excited to be playing bells again!
row-zzzzz says:
What's your FB name ... I'll add you or here's mine!!

Sincerely, Roselle
Posted on: Apr 12, 2018
KeikoCreative says:
Alyssa,
Stay in touch if u are in FB, here's the link to my profile:
Cheers,
Keiko
Posted on: Apr 11, 2018
jendara says:
You are welcome my friend:)
I want to keep in touch with you!!! My mail is josendara@gmail.com My facebook is https://www.facebook.com/jendara21 My Instagram is https://www.instagram.com/josendara/ My whatsapp number is: +591 77247402 Thanks my dear friend!!!
Posted on: Apr 09, 2018

alyssa_ob's Travel Blogs

Jan 30, 2017 – Feb 20, 2017
Travbuddy cruise, plus Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay
Overview 1,565 words 933 3 75
This blog was featured on Sunday April 8th, 2018
Jul 22, 2015 – Aug 01, 2015
Week 1 of a 4 week Western US/Canada road trip. Main stops include Badlands NP, the Black Hills, Yellowstone NP and Craters of…
Overview 17,715 words 525 51 550
This blog was featured on Tuesday January 19th, 2016
Aug 30, 2014 – Sep 02, 2014
A visit to San Diego with a friend for some sightseeing and geocaching.
Overview 3,024 words 135 8 139
This blog was featured on Tuesday December 2nd, 2014

alyssa_ob's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Hostels" in Philip, South Dakota, USA
This campground is located by a lake and golf course, just north of Philip, SD. It isn’t well…
Average priced "Hostels" in Carlton, Minnesota, USA
I have camped at the Jay Cooke State Park Campground twice now. The first time was 2013, when t…
Cheap "Hostels" in Williams, Minnesota, USA
Zippel Bay state park is located in northern Minnesota on Lake of the Woods. The park has 4 cam…
Updated 10 days ago