TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 706,226 travelers just like you!

aloneinthecrowd
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jutta
Hometown: Papenburg, Germany
Location: Völlenerfehn, Germany
Join Date: June 29, 2009
Contributions: aloneinthecrowd has written about 296 places, shared 22,877 photos, left 11,579 comments, and smiled 24,174 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Tuscania, Italy
May 20, 2018 – Jun 9, 2018
3 weeks roadtrip
Crete, Greece
Sep 22, 2018 – Oct 2, 2018
Rome, Italy
Dec 27, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018
18. Birthday trip with my nephew Julian. He wants to go to Rome since he was a kid.
» see all 25 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
German, English properly, had some French in school but I forgot most of it :o I took a spanish course for 1 semester but I had to quit it due to lack of time :(
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Turkey 2007: I met my husband at the first day of my holidays :D
Flying across the snowy Grand Canyon with a helicopter and standing at the rim for the first time (a life-time dream came true)
Hiking Pulpit Rock (Norway) and standing at the rim 600 m above sea level.
Meeting a man in a small hotel in Port Renfrew (Vancouver island) and bumping into him on Granville Island (Vancouver) 1 week later by accident.
A homeless guy in Vancouver singing a song for me and we shared my pizza afterwards :) Thinking of it still makes me smile.
1981: A long weekend with a friend in Amsterdam. What a "trip" ;)
1988: 21 years after packing my suitcases I made it to the US for the first time ;) Miami Beach - it was a nonstop 14 days party :)
1989: Los Angeles - hehehe, we ran into the shooting of "Baywatch" by accident.
1992: Canada for the first time. I felt in love with Vancouver BC.
1994: Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP, Yosemite and Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree - wow, what great places. Not to forget my bday-party in Las Vegas ;)
1999: Montana, Wyoming, Idaho: Since I saw Brad Pitt in "A river runs through it" I wanted to go there and I loved it :) Yellowstone and Grand Teton was amazing.
2001: 3 weeks roadtrip BC, Alberta and Washington State
2004: 5 weeks roadtrip from the south to the north of Norway
2005: 2 weeks solo roadtrip in Sweden
2006: 3 weeks in Norway with my friend's daughter. Wow, travelling with a 16 year old is exhausting - LOL
2007: Schweden, Ireland and Turkey
2008: 2 weeks roadtrip to Norway. It was the first time for my husband and he's addicted to that country now as I am :D
Crete for the first time - what a great island :)
2009: Norway & Crete again - we are hooked :p
2010: A hot summer in Sweden, Turkey in autumn
2011: The Netherlands, Rhodes - what a beautiful island
2012: Norway - still love it
2013: Malta
2015: Dolomites
2016: Slovenia & Croatia, Skiathos (Greece), Lisbon
Profile
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page (St. Augustine)

I try to read lots of pages ;)
stacey72 says:
We'll be there for 2 weeks so we'll aim for the tram when it's quiet. If that ever happens. ;)
It snowed here again last night, broke a record for snow for that date. This coming weekend we're planning to go to the Poutinefest which if you didn't guess is a celebration about poutine and all it's varieties. :) I'm not crazy about going if it's a rain/snow storm so fingers crossed it will warm up by then. The forecast says so, but they are liars!
Poor little mole! Hopefully he will eat all the baddies in your garden before he braves your neighbour's yard!
Enjoy the rest of your week!! Huggers
Posted on: Apr 18, 2018
stacey72 says:
Hi Jutta! My nursery school teacher was at the funeral and she came up to me and was making me guess who she was. I had no idea so it was pretty awkward. That was 40 years ago!! I often can't remember why I came into a room or where I put my phone, how am I supposed to remember her?!?!?! The only thing I remember about nursery school is the time I peed my pants by the swings. Good times. ;)
I saw your upcoming travels and already figured you wouldn't be able to make it to Portugal. :) Sintra is on the list as is Evora because I want to see the bone chapel. I'll keep extra surveillance on my purse because of what happened to you on the subway. It was in Lisbon that happened right?
We've had freezing rain and it's really dangerous on the roads right now. All the cars are encased in ice. It makes me dream about your green house! I can't imagine having anything green here again. :( It sounds like you're going to have some nice salads this summer! Have you named your mole yet? Have a great week!! Huggies!
Posted on: Apr 16, 2018
stacey72 says:
I'm back from Manitoba and it was a good time overall. The funeral was surprisingly upbeat and I met up with some friends. Also a few family members I haven't seen in about 25 years so that was weird! I know I've gotten old, but I somehow didn't expect those children to be old too! :P
I hope you enjoy your trip to Italy! I loved Cinque Terre so much and both Stuart and I want to go back to Rome at some point. We found a crazy good deal on flights from Montreal to Lisbon for next January so we booked them. Now I just have to wait forever until that time. ;)
Stuart is like you and can pack his clothes in 5 minutes. I take much longer to get organized and I ended up wearing the same 2 outfits over and over because it was the most comfortable. When will I learn!?
I hope you've survived your latest dentist appointment. I couldn't even joke up about sleeping there because it's too scary! It even smells scary!!
It's supposed to snow/rain for the next 5 days here in Ottawa so that's fun. I just want to stay in my jammies and eat chocolate and bread. I hope the sun is shining there! Any plans for the weekend? I hope it's a good one! Huggies
Posted on: Apr 13, 2018

aloneinthecrowd's Travel Blogs

Jun 02, 2002 – Sep 11, 2016
Papenburg, Germany -› -› …
The Meyer Shipyard in Papenburg is famous all over the world for building cruise ships. James (bigmac993) inspired me to make a…
Overview 3,363 words 500 70 609
This blog was featured on Thursday July 25th, 2013
Jun 25, 2016 – Jul 07, 2016
We're always on the hunt for new adventures ;) This time we've chosen Slovenia & Croatia for our road trip. 2 countries close t…
Overview 5,954 words 1,642 246 1,916
This blog was featured on Sunday August 7th, 2016
Sep 11, 2015 – Sep 13, 2015
4 days packed with fun, laughter and adventures
Overview 2,799 words 695 41 636
This blog was featured on Friday April 15th, 2016

aloneinthecrowd's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Novigrad, Croatia
Since we're traveling on a low budget I checked the net for a reasonable accommodation in Novigr…
This review was featured on Thursday November 10th, 2016
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Tolmin, Slovenia
I must say I booked this hotel because I felt in love with the blue color immediately when I fou…
This review was featured on Monday July 25th, 2016
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Oberwossen, Germany
To be honest we've chosen this hotel because it wasn't too far away from the highway A 8 to Aust…