TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 691,002 travelers just like you!

almelovakr
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Travelpedian

Name: Jasper
Hometown: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Website: www.facebook.com/bloemendalja…
Join Date: September 9, 2008
Contributions: almelovakr has written about 25 places, shared 1,588 photos, left 1,749 comments, and smiled 2,141 times.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch,English,German,Spanish
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Visiting Dutch prisoners in one of the worst prisons in the world: The Sarita Colonia prison in Peru. also known as: The hell of Lima.
After seeing the circumstances and listening to their stories i started my own foundation to give them every month a toothbrush,soap and some extra money to buy their food.
I also visit them 1 or 2 times a year :)

Sitting in a plane in Peru without knowing what the destination was.. and we landed in the middle of knowwhere in the jungle 50km from La Paz, but the rainforrest was beautifull!

Diving without a dive-licence on 30m deep in Turkey.
It was very dumb and dangerous, i never do that again.

Visiting the footballderby Spartak Moscow - Zenith St Petersburg, the Olympic stadium was full!!!!

Visiting the derby Lokomotiv Moscow - CSKA Moscow, those Russians realy know how to make the atmosphere!
I saw the biggest banner-war there ever was in a stadium!

In 1996 me and my dad flew with a historical Dakota C3 around the Netherlands.
1 day later that plane crashed with all 32 death casualties.

MMy first visit to Machu Picchu,Peru and my first visit to the Taj Mahal in India.
Profile
Iam a superfriendly guy with a good laugh and i love showing tourist the real side of Amsterdam,the biggest wooden shoe ever made,trips to biological farms or famous historious spots.
And because i live close to Amsterdam,Belgium and Germany; i can show you Holland,Germany and Belgium in 3 days :)
Backpackers and Couchsurfers are always welcome in my house,for free offcourse :)
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your chocolate cake! :D
Posted on: Mar 08, 2017
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Mar 08, 2016
walterman9999 says:
Hi Jasper,
I am an older man taking my wife to Amsterdam for the first time Aug 24-28. Would you be our guide and friend for one day?
Walter
Posted on: Jul 23, 2014

almelovakr's Travel Blogs

Scandinavia 2013
Jul 11, 2013
It was always my dream to drive with my Volvo V70 trough Scandinavia. A few TB didnt showed up, so i took my lovely mom with m…
Overview 119 words 120 0 1
Kiev, Ukraine 2012
May 25, 2011
Spend a week in Kiev with some friends to party,drink and crazy experiences.
Overview 0 words 89 0 0
Exclusive cars in collection and around the world
May 22, 2007 – Jan 31, 2011
Iam not only a big fan of traveling, iam also a big fan of exclusive sportcars. I grew up between the Fords,Lamborghini's,Asto…
Overview 0 words 57 0 1

almelovakr's Travel Reviews

Cheap "General Tips & Advice" in Moscow, Russia
I've flewn with Aeroflot from Switzerland to Russia. The main office of Aeroflot is located in …
Expensive "General Tips & Advice" in Schiphol, Netherlands
Martinair is the second Dutch Airline and it's part of the KLM/Air-France group. They exist 50 …
Expensive "General Tips & Advice" in Schiphol, Netherlands
KLM is the Dutch Royal Airforces so i've flown several times with it. The fleat contains 179 …