TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 688,875 travelers just like you!

aelder2259
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Anita
Hometown: Seattle, Washington, USA
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Website: www.anitaelder.biz
Join Date: February 22, 2008
Contributions: aelder2259 has written about 371 places, shared 9,344 photos, left 480 comments, and smiled 284 times.
Travel Plans
2017 or 2018
» see all 20 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and enough German and Spanish to be dangerous.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Getting food poisoning from eating tarter sauce at the Shrimp Factory in Cabo during my honeymoon. 104 degree (F) temp, practically convulsing, and having a doctor give me a shot in the butt...fun, fun, NOT!

But my most memorable positive experience was riding a camel out into the Sahara Dessert, then sitting on a giant sand dune to watch the sunset.
Profile
Couch surfers welcome!

My belief is that more Americans need to travel to other countries and mingle with the locals to get to know them. Too many in the U.S. hate certain cultures, because they haven't left their home (or don't interact with locals while traveling) and those different from them are people to be feared...and fear turns into hate. Every place I have traveled, I have met wonderful people! All cultures/places have their bad apples and the news tends to focus on them. Travel allows me to get to know those different from me and see that we're really all just the same...we want to be happy & healthy and live a good life!
aelder2259 says:
Thanks everyone! What a nice surprise!
Posted on: Oct 06, 2017
jendara says:
Congrats on your featured blog:)
Well done my friend!!!!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2017
spocklogic says:
Bravo on the 'Seattle - My Home' featured blog!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2017

aelder2259's Travel Blogs

Jan 01, 2011 – Oct 08, 2017
This blog will be a compilation of my travels around Washington State
Overview 4,876 words 1,364 23 54
This blog was featured on Sunday April 9th, 2017
Jun 22, 2002 – Sep 30, 2017
I live in Seattle and love to share the sites and activities with visitors. I've lived all over the world, but no place will ev…
Overview 1,358 words 2,018 46 235
This blog was featured on Thursday October 5th, 2017
Alaska Weekend Adventure
Sep 05, 2017
Four day trip to Alaska to photograph the northern lights.
Overview 65 words 0 0 0

aelder2259's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Snohomish, Washington, USA
Open September through October, Bob's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm is a great place to spend time …
Ridiculously Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Port Angeles, Washington, USA
I stayed in one of the rooms upstairs at the lodge. It had a sink in the room, but the bathroom …
Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in Bainbridge Island, USA
I finally made it over to Bainbridge Island and the Bloedel Reserve. It's a tad pricey at $17 pe…
Updated 9 days ago