TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,503 travelers just like you!

aelder2259
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Anita
Hometown: Seattle, Washington, USA
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Website: www.anitaelder.biz
Join Date: February 22, 2008
Contributions: aelder2259 has written about 376 places, shared 9,543 photos, left 486 comments, and smiled 286 times.
Travel Plans
2017 or 2018
» see all 20 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and enough German and Spanish to be dangerous.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Getting food poisoning from eating tarter sauce at the Shrimp Factory in Cabo during my honeymoon. 104 degree (F) temp, practically convulsing, and having a doctor give me a shot in the butt...fun, fun, NOT!

But my most memorable positive experience was riding a camel out into the Sahara Dessert, then sitting on a giant sand dune to watch the sunset.
Profile
Couch surfers welcome!

My belief is that more Americans need to travel to other countries and mingle with the locals to get to know them. Too many in the U.S. hate certain cultures, because they haven't left their home (or don't interact with locals while traveling) and those different from them are people to be feared...and fear turns into hate. Every place I have traveled, I have met wonderful people! All cultures/places have their bad apples and the news tends to focus on them. Travel allows me to get to know those different from me and see that we're really all just the same...we want to be happy & healthy and live a good life!
sky69 says:
Have a lovely trip ahead!
Posted on: Nov 02, 2017
X_Drive says:
I will cross my fingers for you. Hope you have a wonderful trip and see all the northern lights your heart can take!! :)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2017
X_Drive says:
Just in case you hadn't found it, we stayed at the Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge. We were there at the the very tail end of the Princess season so we didn't feel it was as good as it could have been. We too were looking to see the Northern lights, but were disappointed that we only saw the airport light as it turned and lit the clouds. Bummer. Hope you have better luck.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2017

aelder2259's Travel Blogs

Jun 22, 2002 – Nov 24, 2017
I live in Seattle and love to share the sites and activities with visitors. I've lived all over the world, but no place will ev…
Overview 1,573 words 2,131 48 241
This blog was featured on Thursday October 5th, 2017
In search of northern light
Nov 04, 2017 – Nov 07, 2017
A group of eight of us from Seattle met up in Fairbanks Alaska to hopefully see and photograph the Northern lights.
Overview 1,535 words 86 1 6
Jan 01, 2011 – Oct 08, 2017
This blog will be a compilation of my travels around Washington State
Overview 4,876 words 1,364 23 54
This blog was featured on Sunday April 9th, 2017

aelder2259's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Seattle, Washington, USA
The library at the University of Washington is a Gothic style building, complete with a grand st…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in North Pole, Alaska, USA
There's no cost to enter the Santa Claus House at the North Pole, but you might want to purchase…
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
On the recommendation of X_Drive, I visited the Museum of the North on my first full day in Fair…
Updated 20 days ago