a little Peruvian Bear goes Home

Peru

a little Peruvian Bear goes Home Reviews

HelenP HelenP
A Little Bear Goes Home May 27, 2013
When I decided to visit Peru I just knew that I had to take Paddington with me.

For those of you unfamiliar with the children's books by Michael Bond, Paddington is a little brown bear from `darkest Peru` who stows away to England and is found by the Brown family on London`s Paddington station with a label around his neck saying `please look after this bear`.

They adopt him, call him Paddington after the station, and he makes many friends and has lots of adventures in his new home. I was a great fan of Paddington as a child.

I had intended to take him to Machu Picchu with me for a photo stop before giving him to a poor peruvian child to look after and love.

However, we parted company before machu Picchu as I found his rightful young owner in Cusco. She is a child of one of the poor street vendors who came to my attention as she was both a character and a natural in front of the camera.

So, Paddington has now come home and a little girl who would not otherwise have a bear is very happy.
Paddington, the backpack bear..
Paddinton and I at Colca Canyon
Paddinton with his new owner in Cu…
rsvpme says:
A story worthy of note....
Posted on: May 28, 2013
Nana_gincin says:
It is a very tender history! ... surely Paddinton has many stories to tell to his new friend.
Posted on: May 27, 2013
lauro says:
hahah like me with cookie monster lol
Posted on: May 27, 2013