Zwettler's Stiftskeller

0662 844199

Zwettler's Stiftskeller Salzburg Reviews

LeighBR LeighBR
Decent Austrian Food Nov 06, 2009
While none of the restaurants we dined in while visiting Salzburg were stand outs, they were decent. We dined at the restaurant, Zwettler's Stiftskeller, our last night in the city. It was close to our hotel, across Mozart Square and down Kaigasse a couple of blocks.

The restaurant is long, with dark stained wood. There is a large bar area in the middle. Kind of an eclectic decor; although Austrian themed, there are some foreign inspired touches that are out of place but not necessarily bad. On the down side, it is kind of smokey. I believe there is a garden, but since it was so cold that was not an option.

Lots to choose from on the menu; typical Austrian dishes and no improvisation, pretty straight forward. I ordered a campari soda to begin and a schweineschniztel "Wiener Art" mit pommes frites und preselbeeren - fried chicken. It was good, but not outstanding. My husband's pick was the best dish that night, a chicken cordon bleu that tasted excellent. The others in the group were satisfied, but not necessarily impressed by the food.

I'm giving this restaurant an overall rating of four, although I would prefer 3 1/2 if that were an option. As mentioned, it is not outstanding. But, the food tasted good and was served hot, plus the service was friendly. Our waitress was awesome! She was patient, despite the language barrier, prompt and friendly. Service with a smile can go a long way, especially when dealing with hungry, tired travellers.
my entree - schweineschniztel "Wie…

Check Salzburg Hotel Deals