829 Main Street, Napa, CA, USA
zuzunapa.com - (707) 224-8555

Zuzu Napa Reviews

williamsworld williams…
ZuZu SoSo Dec 21, 2010
Ok, I generally try only to write reviews of places that I enjoy and would recommend to others. This place doesn’t fit that today. Although I enjoyed the company of my travbuddy Julien, I don’t think I will be going back to this place nor would I recommend others to dine here. The food, although not too bad, was way over priced. Tapas, means just that, Tapas. The small arugula salad was 7 bucks. It was just a small salad with some truffle oil. The hot plates were pretty good. We ordered the shrimp, the lamb and the beef. The shrimp, only 5 rather small were in a very good sauce. More sauce than shrimp. The lamb was cut really thin and was mostly fat. Lamb is to be cooked medium rare, this was just raw. The best thing was the steak; maybe 5 or so ounces of meat. It was presented well and the flavors were pretty good. Although tasty, not worth the $49 bill that did not even include any drinks. This was a lot more than I wanted to pay for a meal that left me hungry. I hate to compare, but a meal for two at Fago De Chao, a Brazilian all you can eat grilled meats establishment, was only $55 for the two.

The building was small and the staff was not too friendly. Our waitress was constantly at the table, but not really serving, just bothering us. We had to keep asking for bread; that was the one part of the meal that was free, if you want to call it that. I don’t think I will be going back here.
rogers10 says: