Ground Floor, Makati City, Philippines
www.zuni.com.ph - 467-3931, 757-0361 to 62

Zuni Makati City Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Good food Jul 31, 2014
This has good ambiance and good food. The servers are attentive and good service.

I ordered salmon with steamed vegetables and it is good. I'm happy. I was very late to arrive because Manila has rained hard and some parts were flooded that it took about two hours from Manila to Makati. In normal conditions, should be less than 1hr. My food has been reheated and my french companions were so chivalrous that they insisted to wait for me for an hour coz they didn't want to start without me.

We ordered wine to pair our food with, just a glass and it was good wine. I had creme brulee and it was good.

Total cost per person averaged Php1000/person. Not cheap.

We went here to celebrate the birthday of my friend who is traveling briefly in Manila. This seem to be the best option because the others that I have been seem to be not that worth raving about or recent reviews give the impression they deteriorated.

Personally, it feels that the dining options in Makati/Metro Manila is becoming expensive and I suspect that it has to do with the expat community who are driving the prices up without necessarily the quality.
nolan says:
P300 per glass isn't cheap. We can get decent Chilean cabernet sauvignon for a little more, and a bottle at that.
TravellinChic says:
Everything. :) It is the average coz our bill was more than 3k. I probably have a higher consumption cost than my companions so I would have had more than 1k while my companions would have ordered less than 1k.

The wine is ok, but it isn't special to be expensive as well. Cant remember exactly but it must be less than Php300/glass.

Considering the earnings of average Filipino, these aren't cheap. Also, considering the price compared to say Singapore where I went for fine dining (with champagne) taking into consideration the average earning of a regular Singaporean, Philippine dining options seem relatively more expensive.

I'm not sure whether this is a good thing to see these kind of restaurants mushrooming when they cater mostly to expats.
nolan says:
Nalie, did the P1K per person include the wine or just the food?

Check Makati City Hotel Deals