Zum Gulden Stern

0911/2059288

Zum Gulden Stern Nurnberg Reviews

Larrys Larrys
Oldest sausage restaurant in the world! Apr 11, 2009
Germany is known for their delicious sausage. Each region uses slightly different seasonings and cuts of meat. The sizes and shape of the sausage also varies. In bavaria, bratwurst is long and always sticks out from both ends of the bun. But in Nurnberg, the sausages are made from pork and are small and would get lost in a brat bun. The size and shape are similar to a breakfast sausage link in the US.

I was familiar with the world famous sausages and did some research into who makes the best sausage in Nurnberg. Now I don't know if I found the "best" sausages but I am sure I found the "oldest" sausage restaurant in the world.

The original house was built in 1275 and they started serving sausages in 1419.

We choose to sit outside and enjoy the sunny day. The menu was limited to sausage and salad. Your choices were how many sausages (4,6 or 10) and whether you wanted potato salad or coleslaw. I ordered 6 with potato salad and a Tucher dunkel weiss. The lady serving our table was very nice and wore a traditional German serving outfit.

This was a nice place with a good deal of character. If you get to Nurnberg be sure to check out "Zum Gulden Stern".
Looking for the beer garden
Where is the beer?

Compare Schwabach Hotel Rates (13.5km away)

Zum Gulden Stern Map