Zozimus Ghost Tour

Dublin, Ireland

Zozimus Ghost Tour Dublin Reviews

lbdomem lbdomem
Jun 22, 2007
This is a night time theatrical walking tour which ends up at one of the many pubs in Dublin. You are guided around by two individuals (although you rarely see them together), who take it in turns to take on the role of ghosts referred to in their stories. Not at all serious like some ghost tours (with one of the ghosts appearing being 'a great big beast with the head of a piiiig'), it is designed to give the audience a giggle whilst still providing a fairly effective (if alternative) perspective of Dublin city. Whilst some of the information is clearly made up (see the pig example) it also interacts with the truth with references to Oscar Wilde and the like.

This is a very interactive tour, with singing outside a pub and flirting with the security guard in order to get the key to an alleyway being amongst some of the activities our group got up to, if you prefer to sit back and learn the facts then this tour is not for you. But, if you are looking for an interesting, alternative way to see Dublin, this is a one off experience and I would definitely recommend it.
yeahya says:
oops i think i misspelled the link. it's actually http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com - that's where you book to get the discount.
Posted on: Jun 08, 2009
yeahya says:
I went on this tour, not realising it would be basically a joke, so I was quite disappointed. I expected a ghost tour in Ireland of all countries to be actually authentic and scary. I went on the Hidden Dublin Walks haunted tour as well, and this was fantastic, the stories are actually based on supposedly real supernatural occurences, and I actually got shivers down my spine at several points on the tour!! I guess maybe the zozimus one has a different aim, but they probably should have advertised it as being jokey if they're going to make it like that. Oh also for Hidden Dublin Walks you can book online (www.hiddendublinwalks.com) and get your tour about 3 euros cheaper, I didn't realise that when I did the haunted tour but I'll do it for the next one I go on. I really reccommend it if you want a really thrilling experience of Dublin's real supernatural history.
Posted on: Jun 08, 2009