Zot Half-Moon Brewery

+32(0)250 33 26 97

Zot Half-Moon Brewery Brugge Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Zot - Half Moon Brewery (Bruges) Mar 01, 2008
Zot is today the only beer that is actually brewed and lagered inside of the city walls of Brugge (Bruges), the fierce medieval town in Flanders, the Venice of the North, one of the three most beautiful cities in Western Europe.

I had the fortune to visit this place together with my girlfriend and my collegues and the spouces. We had a guided tour around the facilities before we actually got the the more fun part of tasting the beer - or so I thought.

The museum presents the unique opportunity to discover the old tradional brewing methods in Bruges. Daily guided tours will allow you to visit both the modern brewery as the museum. Our experienced guides will teach you everything about malt and hops.We had a fantastic guide for these tour, besides being very factual about everything of the brewery process she had fantastic anekdotes from the past and the present. I cant remember having a guide with such a well written timed comedy. It was just awesome and enormously fun.

About the beer; They brewed two kind of beer a brown beer which we didn't test called the Brugse Zot double, with 7,5 % Vol alc. It is brewed with 6 special kinds of malt, which give the beer a rich taste. The worldly renowned Tcheque Saaz hop from Zatec has been chosen to give the beer this unique bitter note. Brugse Zot double is a fill and stronger beer, highly appreciated by the beerlovers.

The other one is the more wellknown pale blond ale, that was crowned with a white head. The taste was blooms with a fruity pronounced aroma, hints of lemon, and hits the palate with a refreshing dryness, embellished by hints of spices and orange, balanced by an underlying faint malty sweetness. I Belgium this is one of the lighter Pale golden ales with an alcohol content of only 6%, pretty low in these neighbourhood. The beer finishes with a short, fruity taste that somewhat sticks to the palate.

It is be a great beer to drink with friends and family around the dinner table, it goes with most dishes where it brings refreshment and cleansing of the palate. The fruity dryness and the relatively low alcohol content make it a great refreshing beer to drink with company during pleasant times, or moments of extreme fun.

Because of the more conservative use of hops, and thus the lack of an outspoken bitterness, this beer is very well suited to use in the preparation of food dishes and deserts.
LoLaV says:
I think I'm going to do the tour too!
Posted on: Nov 11, 2011