Zoological Wildlife Foundation

16225 Southwest 172nd Avenue, Miami, FL, USA

Zoological Wildlife Foundation Miami Reviews

jenbob12 jenbob12
An experience of a lifetime Jun 13, 2015
After seeing ZWF reviewed on Trip Advisor I knew I just had to go! It's quite a way out of Miami so best done by car.

I chose to do the special tour and had my own tour guide, Janesse. She was friendly and drove me around the zoo in a golf buggy. We stopped at all the enclosures and got out to have a look. Janesse told me so much about each animal and not just the species, but each individual animal. Their name, age, where they came from, their personalities etc. You could see that she really loved these animals.

Part of the special tour is getting to interact with some of the animals. I got to hold a baby alligator, stroke a timber wolf, owls, a sloth and a binturong. I also got to play with tiger cubs, amur leopard cubs and two adorable monkeys. I got to feed many of them too including gibbons, camels, porcupines, kune kune pigs, a sloth and a mandrill. My guide also took over 300 photos for me and some videos, on my own camera!

Getting close to these kinds of animals is something I've always wanted to do, but animal welfare is very important to me. I would never go somewhere that did not care for their animals well. From start to finish, ZWF showed that they love and really care for their animals well. They showed it in the environment, the way they spoke of the animals, and how the animals reacted to them.

I would 100% recommend a visit to ZWF!
Tiger cub