Zoo and Museum Complex

Trivandrum, India

Zoo and Museum Complex Trivandrum Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
Trivandrum Zoo and Museum Complex Feb 05, 2012
Trivandrum Zoo and Museum complex is located in the heart of city. This complex has 2 museums and one zoo.

First one will be the Art museum. This museum has some amazing art work done by yester years gold smiths. Photography is not allowed and entrance fee is 25 US cents.

I felt that I am blessed when I visited Sri Chitra art gallery in this complex. I never expected that I will get to see Raja ravi varma original paintings. Amazing experience. Hamsa Damyanthi is awesome. We can see the life in these pictures. Photography and footware are not allowed here. 15 US cents is the price to be here..

Zoo has almost all animals. From Keral[s own monkey to zeebrs to black buck to spotted dear to lion to tiger to rhino to hippo.. Almost all.. Very healthy, in shape and energetic. The one I have not seen are Giraffe, Kangaroo and some other mammals. Costs an USD for entrance and Camera fee.

Overall a great experience to know about the Kerala culture, skilled artwork and animals. Definitely recommend this place.
First Art museum
Sleeping lion at the entrance
Fountain