Zoo Café

zoocafe.hu - +36 30 791 3776

Zoo Café Budapest Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Zoo Café May 30, 2016
Zoo Cafe is not just an ordinary cafe. It was established in 2014 in the heart of beautiful Budapest and as the name can suggest it has many hand raised animals with whom people can interact. As a child I had few animals, usually against my mum’s will, but now in my rushing life I don’t have the possibility to keep my own animal at home. I’m not sure if I would even want to. As I’m older now I see the cons of having an animal at Home and I understand my mum’s illwill to my hamsters etc much better now.

Zoo Cafe is a place where you can have a delicious Hungarian cake or drink a coffee, try a sandwich or an ice cream. Together with your order you will get an animal to pet. Taking orders is done at the table in compliance with food hygiene rules. The place is very well kept and clean. You don’t feel animals smell. However you need to remember that you come in and stay in the cafe on your own risk. Animals are animals. Pregnant women and all people with fur allergies should maybe avoid this place. At arrival and departure everyone should disinfect hands with the disinfectants provided on the tables. The front door should be always carefully locked for the protection of the cats that wander in the cafe freely and often sleep on tables. Sleeping kitties must not be disturbed!

The cafe’s staff will swap animals from time to time. Sometimes they give you also some treats that you can give to animals. It is enough to ask.

The cake I had was really good and the coffee came with sweet cream that looked very tempting for one of the cats. However the most enjoyable thing in the Zoo Cafe are of course animals.

I was cuddling a hedgehog which after some minutes of staying on my and G.’s hands decided to hide in a paper towel and just sleep. Super cute! I got also two veiled chameleons. One was small and green and the second one was bigger and colorful. They felt better on G.’s hands I guess. On mine they were moving non stop and scratched me muchly. But still they were super cute! I could cuddle a gray lion head rabbit! I was surprised it didn’t escape from the table. So cute and so furry! I could pat a long-tailed chinchilla as well. It reminded me about my childhood as I had two chinchillas as a teenager. One guinea pig spent like 30 min on out table eating carrots! Before it got them it was making these funny sounds that meant more or less „gimme food, gimme food”. Cute! G. got a red-tailed boa, which I didn’t want to touch but at the end I did. G. got also another snake - Manchurian black water Snake. That was not really my thing. However G. enjoyed them much. He even made a hat for himself from one of the snakes!

As I said before there were plenty of cats wandering freely. Some of them tried to hunt a white cockatoo that was greeting guests near the front door and flying around from time to time. The cockatoo was super cute. It could talk and you could hear from it „Hello” „ How are you” „you are cute too” (in Hungarian). It was cute, indeed!

If you love animals as much as I do, or even if you love them a bit less, this is a place for you. I was so happy when G. took me here!

You need to make a reservation before coming. Don’t forget!
Ils1976 says:
looks like an awesome place!
Belated congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
EmyG says:
Posted on: Jun 24, 2016
anupa_rk says:
Yay! There's that well deserved feature.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2016