Zoo Basel

www.zoobasel.ch - ++41 61 295 35 35

Zoo Basel Reviews

tculek tculek
Amazing oasis in a beautiful city Mar 16, 2011
I really enjoyed this zoo. Went there twice within three days of my stay in Basel. I loved the layout and the proximity of the animals. It makes you feel like there are no barriers between them and you.
DanielOostdijk DanielOo…
Zoo Basel Aug 14, 2008
During our last summer trip, we spent 2 days in Rheinach, near Basel. On a rainy Sunday morning, we decided to visit the Zoo of Basel. When we arrived, it stopped raining, perfect! We parked our car for free (although only on Sundays..). I was amazed by the low entrance fee. It costed me about 8 euros. Really cheap when you compare it to Dutch zoos like Artis and Emmen. I didn't expect a lot because of this fee, but that changed rapidly.

The zoo is very, very green. A lot of trees and plants, which is very nice. They have A LOT of different animal species, including rare breeds. There are also a lot of themed houses with, for example; reptiles, birds, apes and an aquarium. Positive thing is that you don't have to walk your ass off to see everything. The zoo is really compact (but the exhibits are big) and you can follow a clear route which leads you through the zoo and allows you to see all the animals.

I can advise everyone who is in Basel and loves zoos, to visit this one! It's not as spectacular as zoos like San Diego and La Palmyre which I visited before, but it's a very good, affordable and decent zoo. We had a great day over here!
yheleen says:
i am always a lover of zoos :)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Zoo Basel

Animals with - hardly - no fences
The idea of going to Basel came out of short notice and more or less any means to go much further. I had been to Basel before and I really liked it there, so I thought I want to explore Switzerla…Zoo we are…. Zolli" as the Baseler call it. The   Entrance is right there under some shady trees…

Check Basel Hotel Deals