Zira Hotel Belgrade

Zira Hotel Belgrade Rates and Deals

Zira Hotel Belgrade Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Affordable & Comfortable Hotel. Jul 02, 2011
It is always best advisable to take a bus instead of a taxi from Belgrade airport to the city. Why? It is WAY cheaper! When in search for the bus-stop, do not expect to see a bus stand/shelter. It is just a poll with the number there. Only ONE bus from there and to the city and back. You have to look out for bus 72. You can purchase the ticket onboard the bus. It will lead you across the bridge and to the city center where you'll notice the big sign of McDonald's (where it'll stop).

There are buses which go to the bus-stops near Zira Hotel. They are buses 28, 65, 77 and 74 and you have tram number 12. Back then before we knew of these buses, we were walking from the city center to the hotel which was REALLY a distance. Thus, that was why I placed location as 3 stars.

I would say it wasn't really cheap to stay there but comparing to the hotels we'd seen whilst walking by. I would say it was rather worth it. The reason being that it is new, modern looking and nearly everything is provided. There is a Zira mall connected to the hotel and basically we're always heading to the supermarket to purchase water from there :p and even snacks.

Friendly frontdesk staffs, we were given a wrong room whereby it had two separate single beds. I'd requested for a double bed when I made the booking. We made a call from the room and a gentleman came up and was kind enough to carry our small luggage to the room. He insisted because that was his service to do so. Well, that was nice and he led us to a room where they have a double bed.

I was happy with the space in the room and the bathroom but I must inform you that when we were in the two single-size bedroom, the wall of the bathroom (partially) is made out of frosted glass. Same goes for the double-bed room. That is somewhat rather cheeky I must say :p It is fine for couples (like me) but I don't think it would be fine for business people/friends and et cetera (I would feel awkward if my friend could see it). You could see the silhouette of the body, if you know what I mean and if you were to come closer and look under, you might be able to see everything. Oh well, I guess it depends on who is rather open-minded.

Next about the bathroom, they use shower curtain instead of a door. I know space constrain but I think something could be done because it makes the floor outside of the shower to be wet thus slippery. Anyway, they'll not get the blame due to their sticker on the wall stating that it might be slippery.

The room has two pairs of slippers provided and they're very comfortable. Sewing kit is provided and of course toiletries and towels too. There's WiFi and many channels for you to choose from.

By the way, with the price you're paying to stay there, you would know why because breakfast is included AND so is dinner! First time in my life I was staying in a hotel which provides dinner. They will present you dinner vouchers when they present you the room card at the frontdesk but don't expect any breakfast vouchers (you don't need it, only for dinner). Both are buffet style and I love mushrooms so, I'd been having mushrooms in the morning and evening for the past three nights! I didn't mind but I was happy with them. The food wasn't that bad but for my guy, he didn't like the dinner especially the hot side. The salads were tastier for him so he said it would be better for the price to be lower and not have dinner in the hotel. Breakfast to him was OK.

Service in the restaurant, for the first night we had dinner and NO ONE came to us to ask if we would like anything to drink! Horrible service for the first night. My guy asked for a menu for drinks and he waited and waited. The waiter didn't bring it. By the way, drinks are provided for breakfast but not for dinner. In the end, we bought drinks from the supermarket after dinner. The other two nights were fine because we sat near to the bar thus, they would serve us and of course we usually try to come early.

Pretty much, I was rather happy with my stay at Zira having to think that it was clean and that it is modern and new (I think it had been opened for 3 years). Pretty much, I would recommend this place if you're in Belgrade.

I forgot to mention that you can call home (for free to any landlines) using the hotel phone. Oh and avoid taking taxis in Belgrade because it is expensive. You may try taking the tram or bus and purchasing tickets are available at any newspaper stands. It cost about 50 cents euro for one. Taxi in Novi Sad is cheaper.

Note: Actually I first booked Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, we called the hotel to confirm our reservation and the type of bedroom and bed. The lady had no patience to understand to my questions (my guy was there to listen and basically, he understood to what I was asking). She hung up on me. That made me mad and of course, I cancelled my booking immediately (online) if I had to face such services when I was there. In the end, I searched and came across Zira. It cost a little more but it was all worth it.

Zira Hotel Belgrade Overview

The Zira Hotel Belgrade is conveniently located to accommodate business or leisure guests. There are a number of tourism spots in the immediate area to enjoy and local shows and exhibits give the guest a taste of local culture. There are transportation options near the Zira Hotel Belgrade for guest convenience.

Rooms come with many appliances furnished for convenience. A hair dryer, room safe, cable TV, and phone are provided. A complimentary daily newspaper is delivered each morning. Guests can enjoy a private bathroom within every room of the Zira Hotel Belgrade, as well.

The Zira Hotel Belgrade is designed with modern style. There are a number of services and facilities available on site for recreation, dining, and business purposes. There is a gym on site and for an additional workout a fully furnished fitness room is provided. Many guests like a trip to the sauna for a cleansing pampering. There is a fine dining facility on site with unique flavors from an internationally known chef. There is a complimentary breakfast available as well. Wireless Internet runs through the hotel as well.

Zira Hotel Amenities