Zinc

Manchester, England

Zinc Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Zinc Feb 27, 2010
Zinc is a nice restaurant in Manchester.

I was part of a large party so they gave us a shorter version of the menu. All of the food was excellent, and considering the number of large parties there, very promptly served. The seasoning was spot on, the sauces excellent, and the portions were just right. The wine was nice and not overpriced.

I would normally have sulked about the prices, especially as none of the mains come with sides unless you order them, with vegetables and chips both being an extra £4 or £5 each. As I cannot imagine a circumstance when you would want steak but no sides, pricing steak as £17 but then you have to order £8 worth of extras could seem a little annoying, as opposed to just admitting that steak costs £25 or something.

But I cannot find it in my heart to be too put out. The food was good, but more importantly, the service was great. They not only brought enough tap water without being asked but kept refilling it. Our coats were taken and properly locked away. All the staff smiled, lots, and were there when we needed them but invisible when we did not. They noticed a friend arriving late, when we had already started our main courses, and offered to cook him a special minute steak so he wouldn't be left out. Without being asked.

So, on the strength of superlative service, I would really recommend Zinc.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals