Zielnik Café

+48 22 844 35 00

Zielnik Café Warsaw Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A fabulous place to eat Jun 30, 2010
I had just arrived to Poland in the early evening after a day of work in Copenhagen and my friends Olaf and Ewelina had picked me up in the airport. They were hungry and me too so they suggested that we headed straight to a restaurant that they always had wanted to visit in the city centre.

Zielnik Café turned out to be a real gem. The restaurant itself was situated in a building and judged by the look of it a very cozy place where decoration and focus on details was evident.

The restaurant had a outdoor service just across the street in a small park; here the same decoration and eye for details were evident. Olaf and I quickly had a glance on their desserts, and smiled to each other; it was definitely the right place.

We were lucky to get a table outside and the super friendly waitress tried with her best English to guide us through the menu.

I went for the wonderful cold Lithuanian beetroot soup, which was truly divine; I am sure I could have this every summer day. As main course I went for honey marinated spare ribs with new potatoes and yet again I was in seventh heaven.

The biggest eye catchers were the desserts and the waitress took us to the display to really introduce the different wonders. I totally fell for a wild berry meringue cake that looked awesome. When I got my piece on the plate I was almost fainting; it was a third of the cake that had been displayed. Olaf had gotten an equal size piece from the pistachio meringue cake and we just looked at each other and almost jumped in.

The cakes were really light and fluffy and we actually managed to eat all of it and most amazingly none of us felt full afterwards. The cakes tasted heavenly and I for sure come back again.

It had been one of my best eating experiences in Poland so far and we all were truly pleased with everything.
My wonderful cold Lithuanian beetr…
My honey marinated spare ribs with…
My wild berry meringue cake
The front of Café Zielnik
Chokk says:
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010
ik-ben-10eke says:
Mouthwatering review. Well done Chris.
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010