Zic Zac Rock Hotel Zurich

Zic Zac Rock Hotel Zurich Rates and Deals

Zic Zac Rock Hotel Zurich Reviews

adyhodges adyhodges
Very poor value for money Jun 26, 2012
This hotel is very expensive given the general lack of facilities. The only thing going for it, is the very central location. If as much effort had gone into providing facilities as the Rock Star branding and decor, it could be very good.

As it is, my single room was sparsely furnished and sloped heavily. There was a sink, but showers and toilets were shared and I only found 2 of each on my floor, where there must have been 12 to 15 rooms, good job it wasn't busy.

They offered breakfast (2 croissants and tea or coffee) for 5 CHF, so I went out and ate better and cheaper. There was no Wi-FI and one internet terminal, for which you paid. The staff generally did not appear bothered either.

For £50 a night, I expect much more. Not recommended at all.
laurensteer laurenst…
Affordable with a character in a great location May 14, 2011
With Zurich being extremely expensive I chose this hotel as it was as cheap (or as expensive) as the hostels around if not cheaper! When I arrived a little wet I was greeted by a friendly member of staff and check in was very quick and easy.

I was on the 6th floor so took the lift which confused me as it had two doors but not one at the front and at the back but one at the front and side!

Each room is named after a rock band/star which is quite a nice touch and the room is decorated with memrobilia relating to that star/band.

My room was big but did smell a bit so had to have the windows open! The bed was made and towels provided. Tv too! A nice touch was the small bag of Gummibaerchen left on the bed :-)

There was a bar/restaurant next door and an Indian restaurant in the same building which is good for getting food but bad for wanting to sleep. I made the mistake of leaving my window open throughout the night as it was warm but didn't get a good nights sleep due to the noise!

In the morning I had a shower (a very hurried one as there was no lock on the door!!!) and checked out (again a very easy process.

I would recommend this hotel if you are not after luxury and are on a budget (well as much as you can be in Zurich!). The location was great and it was easy to find with a tram a few minutes away on foot and all the major sights very nearby!
Room
View
Gummibaerchen!
Room
Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Spartan but located perfectly Dec 28, 2008
I spent a night at the ZicZac Rock Hotel as I couldn't find a hostel any more. And still I'm a bit unhappy to have paid almost 60 Euro for a room which had rather the standard of a normal hostel than a proper hotel.

The location (in the Niederdorf) is really perfect, though - just between all the bars and restaurants. Oh, and it's fairly close to the main station, only about 5-10 minutes by foot.

I had booked a room with a shared bathroom and so I stayed at Tina Turner's room :-). But I still wonder about the name as I couldn't find ANYTHING about her. Everything was very spartanic and the furniture didn't match to each other at all. However, it was clean and there was a small TV to make the place a bit more comfortable.

Alas, I almost couldn't sleep that night at all. But this wasn't due to the bed, it was even surprisingly comfortable. It was rather because of the walls being very clearaudient so that I heard the people walking around in the corridor and my roomneighbours talking (but it was only a mumbling I heard). At 8 am, after maybe one or two hours of sleep I was awoken again by a sound outside...a building site or so, I don't know.

They also offer breakfast from 6.30 to 10.30 I think. Two croissants and coffee/tea for 5 francs and frosties for 2,50. Nevertheless I decided to have breakfast somewhere else as this sweet stuff is not for me.

All in all I thiink it's ok if you don't want to stay long and are only seeking for a place to hit the sack after a long night. Otherwise I would suggest to look for something else, as they don't exaggerate with comfort and the rooms are pretty expensive
Inside "Tina Turner"
Tina Turner? - Zippo, nothing, nada

Zic Zac Rock Hotel Zurich Overview

The Zic Zac Rock hotel is conveniently situated in the quaint heart of the old town of Zurich, only 7 minutes from the train station, close to all the sites, and in the heart of Zurich's nightlife district. It is the ideal choice for the young (or young at heart) budget traveller. It offers clean, unpretentious rooms at low rates.

Rooms available to book online offer either shared bathroom facilities on the same floor or en suite shower. Each room is dedicated to a famous rock star or group and is decorated accordingly, but you can still be assured of a peaceful night's sleep!

The building dates from the 1400s and is right in the medieval heart of the city. It hosts the Zic Zac Rock Garden downstairs, a busy restaurant serving burgers and shakes. Upstairs there's also an Indian restaurant to choose from if you don't want to venture too far for your evening meal.

Breakfast consists of cereal, coffee or tea, and two croissants and is taken in the small lounge, where internet access is also available.

At the Zic Zac you can be assured of friendly service, a host of young people to share your travelling stories with, and the best location in the city!

NB. Not all rooms have en suite facilities - you can choose a room with or without facilities when you book.

Zic Zac Rock Hotel Amenities