Zhongshan Hotel Dalian

Dalian, China
Zhongshan Hotel - Hotel front
Zhongshan Hotel - Bed
Zhongshan Hotel - Ready to go to work!
Zhongshan Hotel - Living room
Zhongshan Hotel - Hotel front

Check Dalian Hotel Deals

Zhongshan Hotel Dalian Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Supercomfortable stay! Jan 25, 2013
I stayed in this hotel during a work trip to China, so I didn't pay for it, but I am assuming it's above average in price.

First thing to say about it, it's that the location is awesome. It's in the middle of the busy Zhongshan district, full of malls, stores and restaurants that sometimes you don't feel you are in a "communist" country. Seriously, you can find Louis Vutton and Versace stores, I didn't think that could happen in China.

But well, after that, I have to say that in spite of the language barrier (nobody in the hotel spoke more than a few mumbled words of English), the service was great. Everyone I "talked" to, make a great effort trying to address my needs. The funniest part was when I had to draw a roll or toilet paper for the people of the front desk to understand what I needed, lol. I also asked them for advice as for where to go on a walking tour and they gave me a map all in Chinese, so sweet of them, lol. It was like they couldn't understand that Chinese was literally "Chinese" for me.

The room was magnificent. I had a suite with a small living room, two bathrooms and a little Japanese reading sofa. TV channels included some in English, so I wasn't that bored. The amenities were really good, and I had fresh drinking water everyday. Their desk was also very comfortable, I could prepare for meeting no problem using it. Internet also very fast.

The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel was the food. I had tickets for brekfast, but I enjoyed it less and less every day. I have to say that overall the food in Dalian was way too exotic for me everywhere (I got tired of eating algae, sea urchin and other kinds of weird seafood), but in this restaurant the food seemed to have little less quality than in other places I went to. I ended up eating only cereal and bread. Also, their restaurant is a rotating cylinder on top of the hotel, it was my first time eating in such kind of places and for sure it will be the last, LOL! I could sense the movement sometimes and it made me dizzy, as funny as it may sound.

But besides of the food, this hotel was an awesome place to stay and I wouldn't doubt staying there again. Recommended for anyone visiting Dalian.
Ready to go to work!