Zeynep Sultan Hotel Istanbul

Zeynep Sultan Hotel Istanbul Rates and Deals

Zeynep Sultan Hotel Istanbul Reviews

Eric Eric
Excellent location, friendly staff, decent rooms Jan 09, 2009
After staying at a mediocre hostel for our first few nights in Istanbul, we decided upon returning to the city a few weeks later to try a hotel. During the off-season, the hotels are almost as cheap as the hostels, and are infinitely more comfortable.

Zeynep Sultan is a small hotel, but it's in a great location, literally only a stones throw away from the Haigia Sophia and Topkapi Palace. During breakfast, you can sit upstairs on a roof-top cafe and watch the sun-rise over the dome of the Haigia Sophia, truly a spectacular sight. It would be very hard to find a better location in Sultanahmet.

The owner is very friendly as well. The building used to be his childhood home, and he converted it into a hotel. He used to live and work in California (and ironically he had just been in California right before we stayed at his hotel), so his English is perfect. We would spend most mornings talking to him, his nephew, and one of the other staff workers while eating breakfast. Since we were the only guests there, it was a very relaxed and amiable atmosphere.

The room itself was a bit small, and the bathroom is especially tiny. The portable heater, mounted against the wall, was also very loud, so it might be a concern if you are a light sleeper. Overall, though, these disadvantages weren't too serious, because we spent most of our time outside of the room, and were only there to sleep and shower, and the beds and shower were both comfortable.

Would definitely consider staying here again if I ever returned to Istanbul (especially at off-season prices! :)).
vila says:
Well, after reading this travelblog, I believe you guys had a great adventure :) Glad you got back home in one piece
Posted on: Feb 13, 2009
Orkide48 says:
I love these cosy, and familiar hotels. I remember in Greece a few years ago, when I was on holiday with my youngest daughter and her boyfriend. I got a good contact and almost befiended with the nice owner of the hotel, and she invited us for a private birthday party for her grandchild at the pool. We had a blast of an evening:):):)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2009
Chokk Chokk
Great Location Oct 04, 2008
We arrived pretty late at the hotel; it was half an hour past midnight and it had been raining all the way from Atatürk International Airport and into the hotel. I don’t know what I had expected but it was for sure not rain. The shuttle drove fast which was kind of nice since we had been waiting almost one hour before we left the hotel.

The street where the hotel was situated was a small, narrow and cobbled street. The street was all shiny in the streetlight by the rain that almost stopped as soon as we arrived at the hotel. Outside the hotel entrance there was a Persian carpet on the street which I found kind of amusing but you also almost stepped directly on to the reception when you entered the small hotel.

The receptionist looked tired but I was like the whole town was on a standstill when we drove in; maybe it was due to the rain. It turned out that the hotel besides being very small also was very full. I had booked a double room and what we received was one of the smallest double rooms that I ever had, but the worst thing was actually that it was situated next to the reception on ground floor, which meant that we had full access to all the noise from the main entrance.

There was unfortunately nothing to do about changing the room; the hotel was full and we were last in that night and for the weekend. The room had tile floor which meant that it probably was easy to clean but it meant also that it was cold but worst of all that it was not sound resistant. The bed was okay but not more; there were some closets, no windows but a fair bathroom. Normally I wouldn’t care that much for anything except the window but since my girlfriend was sick there was a possibility that she had to spend more time in the room than she normally would have done.

We went straight to bed because it had been a long day; but we were woken up quite early because the next door neighbour to the hotel was a small Mosque and the speakers in the minaret was calling in for prayer at 6 am in the morning! We decided to use the early wakening to check the surroundings of the hotel before we would have our breakfast in the hotel.

The hotel was located like a dream; it was almost next door neighbour with Hagia Sophia and a bit further down we had the Blue Mosque. The streets were fresh and clean after the rain and the whole city was still sleeping this Saturday morning. We had a wonderful walk before we returned one hour later to the hotel.

The breakfast was served on the second floor which by the way also was the roof. The breakfast was not a reason to hold the press but it was fair. The view on the other hand was totally stunning. They could have served cold spam and I would still have enjoyed it.
Chokk says:
Thanks as always :D
Posted on: Feb 25, 2011
Vipin says:
diligently written as always Christian!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2011

Zeynep Sultan Hotel Istanbul Overview

Located right in the heart of the Old City, the Zeynep Sultan Boutique Hotel is in proximity to fabulous monuments. It further provides easiest access to the airport, the main seaport and the European train station, which also known as the Orient Express Terminal.

To facilitate a comfortable stay in the hotel, all of the rooms are equipped with luxurious amenities and standardised facilities that offers access to modern services.

The most charming and tranquil spot in the old city is the terrace cafe with the magnificent view of Saint Sophia Museum and an ideal place to relax sipping your coffee or tea, after a tiresome day of sightseeing.

Zeynep Sultan Hotel Amenities