Zeughauskeller

28A Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich, Switzerland

Zeughauskeller Zurich Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Dinner with friends May 21, 2017
Ten of us gathered here for dinner on our first evening in Zurich. The service was friendly and I liked the fact that we had a large round table, making conversation with everyone in the group possible. The menu was large (too large for easy decisions!) but as sausages seemed to something of a specialty I chose one of those which was served with a large portion of one of my favourite Germanic dishes, Kartoffelsalat. Indeed, all the portions here seem on the generous side, which is good in some ways as prices aren't low – but at least I felt we all got value for money. The food was good too, as was the Dunkelbier I drank. My bill for two small beers and a main course was 28 CHF (about £23).
My meal
Mark and Larry in the Zeughauskell…
At dinner in the Zeughauskeller
spocklogic says:
Mine was the only review here back in the day and TravBuddy offered Zeughauskeller SA to review so I did that. This seems to be a name on the internet, which is where TravBuddy got it I guess. I'll probably just move my review from 2008 here then. Thanks!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2017
Toonsarah says:
No idea about the SA Brian - it doesn't seem to appear in their name on the website (http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/home)
Posted on: Jun 04, 2017
spocklogic says:
Any idea what the SA might stand for? I can probably move my review here as nobody smiled at it anyway. This restaurant was sort of fun for me as I was traveling solo and they just seat you at a table with others. So, I had some interesting dinner companions seated nearby who were Australian pilots.
Posted on: Jun 03, 2017
ursushoribilis ursushor…
Charismatic restaurant Oct 04, 2012
Great restaurant downtown Zürich. I usually take visitors here. Used to be an old armory, they have interesting decoration. It is a historical building.

Food is, well, typical: Sausages. Try the "Burgermeister Schwert", a spade covered with meat served with a large salad.

In the spring/summer siting outside is also an option. On the weekend make sure to reserve, it is busy. They have menus in many languages including japanese.

If you travel in a small group they will probably sit you in the same table with another people. Great way of meeting other fellow travelers or maybe some locals.

Check Zurich Hotel Deals