Wyndham Street

Zest Reviews

incognita456 incognit…
Zest Dec 17, 2008
The first time I had lunch here was an enjoyable experience. Cosy interiors, stylish decor, attentive service and the food was great.

Naturally, I went again but this was after the restaurant had their renovation of the place. Not that I have anything against the more stylish interior, but that for me, the ultimate enjoyment after all is the food. I loved the first time and definitely was looking forward to a more pleasurable experience on the next.

I dont know what happened, but after orders were placed, we waited about 15 minutes to get the starter. Thankfully, the soup was just perfect and the bread was crunchy and freshly-baked. So of course, my irritation subsided.

Unfortunately, the main dish came about half an hour after the starter. That simply translates to having 15 mins max to enjoy the otherwise perfect salmon dish right in front of me. My favorite dish was even better than it looked... the soft, buttery salmon flesh melted in my mouth like a dream. But in a snap I had to remind myself I had to time to dream away with my salmon. I could hear the tic-toc running too fast.

The waiter, in full smiles was apologizing repeatedly and offered us coffee on the house. I would be have accepted politely, but again, my time cannot afford coffee. So, off we went.

That part was when my zest for a nice lunch pfffpt away!

Definitely a perfect place for long, unhurried lunches.
Zest Map