781 7th Street Northwest, Washington, DC, USA
modernmexican.com - (202) 393-2929

Zengo Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Good happy hour appetizers and mojitos (and I don't even like mojitos!) Jun 28, 2010
Everything is 5 bucks during happy hour! Well, everything that's on the happy hour menu.

However, I must start off with the fact that I saw a worker behind the bar filling a white plastic container with some sort of juice mixture. The top fell on the floor, he picked it up and put it right onto the container! Speaking of container, I tried to contain myself and managed to snag a gentleman in a suit heading behind the bar-he looked like management. He's shorter than average with a left arm that looked like he had a stroke or was the result of a childhood illness with resultant paralysis. I mentioned it to him and he fiddled with the bottles but in his head, must have been thinking "so what".

This is all to say that if you think alcohol kills all germs, then you'll be fine at Zengo. It's an Asian Spanish fusion restaurant with a neat happy hour (if you can find a seat). Get there early or you'll be standing. When the weather is nice and people are out and about, the bar gets packed! Order 2 orders of sushi (or whatever your appetizer is), cause they can take a while to bring it down. The margaritas are so-so, but the mojitos are darn good! Stop by Zengo and then continue elsewhere in Chinatown or stay there the whole evening.

Depsite the above issue, I have been here several times.
jblau jblau
Best / Weirdest Tapas in DC Mar 31, 2009
It's hard to label this place as anything other than an "ultra-modern, japanese and mexian fusion tapas restaurant and sake bar"... yes, it's a crazy mix of japanese and mexican food served in small quantities so you can order many different things to taste. The service is wonderful and I always bring my friends here. It is pricey, however, usually $30-50 per person for a big meal and some sake. It's a fun experience and the food is amazing. It's one of the most unique places to eat in DC
jblau says:
Two words - Sushi Tacos.

We'll go there when you come to DC.
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009
Larrys says:
That sounds like a crazy combination. I get this mental image of a fish with a jalepeno in its mouth with a lime twist. :)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2009