Zeil

Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Zeil Frankfurt am Main Reviews

Stelarmod Stelarmod
Hessen Region, Germany-The People Made The Difference May 30, 2008
An awesome experience was had on my trip to Germany. Wow, what an adventure. JCI Hessen Germany (our hosts) provided the best hospitality I have ever received. Spent the first 2 days in Hanau for a conference then Sunday on the Rhine River and Rudesheim including wine tasting at the Ohlig winery. Then off to the Kloster Eberbach in the Rheingau...a beautiful site of a historic monestary.

Monday was another busy day with time spent with the Chamber of Commerce in the morning and a private tour of the European Space Agency. Monday later afternoon included a meeting in Wiesbaden (spelling???) with the Assistant Minister of Economy...which he took us to dinner at Rheinschanze...another quaint and beautiful establishment. He was a noble host and had his own hired driver. Tuesday was travel to Berlin. Along the way, we visited the Buchenwald memorial site. A humbling and necessary experience. The feeling of gut wrenching sickness overcame me and the others from the USA as we passed through the main gate off the highway into the former site of the concentration camp.

Berlin included a meeting with a member of Parliament and a tour of Bundestag. Then a long walk around the city including the various sites of the former wall and Checkpoint Charlie. Travel back to Frankfurt area took place late on Wednesday.

Thursday was a city tour (forgot the small town) and a visit to the Border Museum. Met a gentleman that was a local historian and gave us a fantastic tour. Friday was a private tour of Finger Haus...the premier module home manufacturer, probably in all of Europe from what I saw.

Friday night was our night to let loose in Frankfurt, purchased a few bembels (again, spelling???) and downed many an authentic German beer.

Saturday morning, our weeklong host plus the state President for JCI (and her family) greeting us and wished us well as we departed for travel back to Wisconsin, USA.

Many times over I was asked by various Germans what the best part of my trip was...my answer wasn't a site or travel memory, but rather, the interaction and the generosity of the people. It is an experience I will never forget and have a new respect as to how important it is to share one's culture and ethnicity to the fullest with others. The German's are proud people with a long history...it is because of this pride that their heritage lives one so robustly.
Rooftop view from Bundestag Parlia…
German flag flying high over Parli…
Parliament Chambers.
Jewish memorial in Berlin.

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals