Zeelandbrug, Zierikzee, Netherlands

Zeelandbrug Zierikzee Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
as far as the eye can see May 29, 2016
Till this day, this incredible long bridge is still the largest one of the country, this being the Netherlands, and although a long time ago it was the longest one in Europe, nowadays the Portuguese people own this bragging right with their Vasco Da Gama bridge.

Since I haven't visit the one of our friends in the Southern part of Europe, I just stick to the one which is a bit closer to home.

Built in the sixties, it has a total length of 5022 meters and connects North Beveland to Schouwen-Duiveland in the province of Zeeland, hence the name. Although many people may think "it's just a bridge", you can also look at things a bit different and before you know it, you'll see a fine piece of architecture!
Ils1976 says:
hahaha, klopt ... het was maar kort, maar ik ga zeker en vast nog een keer terug, maar dan volgend jaar met wat meer zon als het even kan! :D
Posted on: Oct 02, 2016
Paulovic says:
Je bent er op een mooie dreigende dag geweest. Ik wist niet dat dit voor lange tijd de langste brug van Europa was.
Posted on: Sep 27, 2016
Ils1976 says:
Thanks you guys, I must admit that I liked them as well ... but it was freaking cold that day and I almost got blown away ... so when the weather is a bit nicer and I get there again I promiss to take a few ones with much better weather! :D
Posted on: May 30, 2016