Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza Hostel Rates and Deals

Zaragoza Hostel Reviews

Isabelle_G Isabelle…
Very nice hostel with perfect location! Feb 11, 2013
La posada del Comendador is the only hostel in Zaragoza. It was opened in 2008 along with the Expo so it's still "new". The location is perfect - within walking distance of all the sights including the Aljaferia. Delicias train/ bus station is only a few stops on the bus, then a 5' walk from Plaza Europa to the hostel. The bus to the airport is only 15' walk towards the center.

The staff was nice and helpful, the only thing I didn't expect was to have to pay extra for the bedsheets (3€)(towels 1,50€) as I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the site I used to book the place. Not expensive though but if I had known I would have taken my pocket bedsheets along with me...

I booked a 6 bed dorm on the first level, it was facing the street and had a balcony but it was so cold outside (freezing cold wind blowing) that we couldn't use it and just kept the heating on all the time. It was rather quiet and didn't get full on any night. The dorm was big so there was plenty of space for everyone and the lockers were the best I'd ever seen. Very big to fit the backpack and more and to be used with the keycard that also opened the dorm door. The dorm was very clean - cleaned up with water every day. The rest of the hostel was also quite clean, including the bathroom on the other side of the dorm. The only low point was that the walls were literaly paper thin... You could hear people talk in the bathroom or in the dorm next door as if they had been standing next to you...

They offer free basic breakfast and free guest computers in the lobby or in the basement. The basement is the only original place left from the 15th century building... it's very pretty... it's got a bar and is used for concerts so sometimes it might be closed to hostel guests but then you can use the common room in the lobby which has big sofas and plenty of documentation on Zaragoza.
yoanna87 yoanna87
Fun place to meet other travellers Apr 11, 2011
Zaragoza Hostel is located in the city centre of Zaragoza. It takes no more than 5 mins walking to get to the famous Basilica El Pilar.

I was staying in a 4 bed dorm at the top of the building. The room was reasonably sized and the beds were quite comfortable. The lockers were the best I've ever seen - big and you open them using the same card you have for the dorm door. Pretty convenient. There are only two 4 bed dorms on the last floor and there is one bathroom to share between them. It means it's only for 8 people so I never had to queue to use it. The bathroom is completely new and very clean so that was a relief as we all know how disgusting bathrooms in the hostels can be..

You can use the kitchen which is quite well-equipped. There are also some basic things like bread, milk, jams and tea that you can use for breakfast free of charge.

There is a bar in a basement, a good place to go for a drink and meet other travellers. I was staying at the hostel during the World Cup finals and was watching the second part there. It was good as there were two big screens and the hostel provided pinchos for us, which was a very nice gesture. The overall atmosphere was great!

I higly recommend this hostel for all those who want to meet other travellers - I met some of the friendliest people there. The staff was nice too, they answered all my questions I had about the city and public transport.

Check Zaragoza Hostel Rates and Deals